Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,660 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

Hi Good Morning! :)

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You sound an awful lot like me-I honestly like smoking, but I know it's a deadly habit. Its almost like saying that we like the idea of slow suicide, I guess. I'm glad to have found this place, as well. I wish you much luck-I'll be attempting Day One tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its so wonderful that someone decided to create a site like this one. Its even more comforting to see all you people here supporting one another to over come a nasty and powerful addiction. I have been smoking for about 30 years. I have had a few attempts at kicking the habit, but I knew I was lacking that committment. Honestly I liked smoking. As sick as that may sound, its true. As it is or was true for many others here. As a result I followed what I truly wanted rather being sensible. I smoked again. Now I truly want to break this addiction. For me, it has become a fight, nicotine addiction vs. myself. I will do what it takes to win this battle...and the first step is to get educated so I can get an idea of what I am dealing with. This is my reason for being here. Also being here gives me a place to begin affirming that I win in this personal battle. Thanks for being here, Cinda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to everyone for your words of support. These tools are very helpful. I am working on the Smoker's Diary and recording the urges. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/cartoons_clipart_image7.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/flashing_text.gif[/IMG] From Ann Down Under Post often and keep in touch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][b][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hello_rotating.gif[/IMG] & Welcome to SSC! Congrats on your decision to Quit. You've come to the right place for support.[/b][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 919 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,518.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 22

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Cinda, I hadn't thought about recording the urges. Good idea. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cinda, [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/thwelcomepinkstars.gif[/IMG] Looks like your off to a great start. The first week is rough, but can be done - as you will see by others here. Stay strong and keep your list of reasons why you stopped smoking CLOSE by. We're here to cheer you on. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4202/bbandit1ce.gif[/IMG] Congratulations on your quit!! You are on day 2 now, and on your way to freedom!! You CAN do this! We are here to help and guide you along. All you have to do is reach out to us! Preparation, knowledge, positive attitude, and commitment are what you need to quit. It sounds like you have prepared by taking advantage of the tools here. They are so very helpful to give you an insight to our habits, and the best one is our coping mechanisms. Keep those handy. As for knowledge, well I advise you to gather every piece of info you possibly can about nicotene addiction. You have to know what you did to your body by smoking, and you have to know what your body goes through when you stop. You sound like you have the positive attitude!! Keep thinking that way and you will suceed!!! Now for that commitment thing, well, the easiest way is to make your quit a choice. Choose not to smoke. Believe in yourself. Now, I have a feeling you will do just fine. Take one craving at a time. Don't look beyond that for now. One foot in front of the other will get you there. And remember one thing, [color=Teal]N.O.P.E.[/color] [b][color=Teal]N[/color][/b]ot [b][color=Teal]O[/color][/b]ne [b][color=Teal]P[/color][/b]uff[b][color=Teal] E[/color][/b]ver. Take care of yourself, and make sure to reward yourself often!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,954 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Cinda! Congrats on your quit! It's not easy but you'll do it. We have faith in you! Whatever you do, don't light up. Come here, post, wait for a reply. Just don't smoke! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $824.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$99,950.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 23

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cinda, Good Morning to you and great job on your first day as a non-smoker! When you have some time read as much as you can from this site about what to expect and try to come up with some strategies as to how you'll deal with tough situations. Preparation will do wonders. The other big component to success is a good attitude and you've got that one down so good on you. Oh, also start thinking of some rewards for yourself. They do not have to be expensive or even material things but they really do help. And yes, you CAN win this personal battle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 675 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3037.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$37,089.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 12

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: