Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,723 Members

Please welcome our newest members: hlc0617, Reyanna, CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy

4 days from 2 months!!!

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Googa, First, I am so glad that you quit smoking. Second, wow!!!! 56 days is amazing! I don't know about the thyroids and smoking. I am sure that the doctor could tell you but if you can't talk to him, I recommend researching some legitimate medical sites on the Internet to see if you can find any information. :) Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$44,989.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5160 Hours: 20

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am not sure, I suppose it is possible! I would ask a doctor to be for sure. WTG, on 56 days! Your doing wonderful! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, Sorry it has taken this long (again) since I last posted. Except for the work, work, and work, I have been sick again as well. Recap 4 those who don't know my reason 4 quitting: Had bronchitus in the beginning of last month, the posibility of chronic bronchitus is large. After that naturally comes TB or lung cancer or emphazemia and I don't wanna die that way. Well, the bronchitus is back, and this time I almost landed in hospital. I didn't feel as bad as the 1st time, strange enough, but when doc took measured my peak-flow (how strong my lungs are)it was 260! It has to be 350 to be normal. According to him, it was bad. He booked me off, prescribed meds and I had to nebulize myself 5 times a day, and I had to go back on Saturday to check if it got any better. If it didn't improve by then I would have gone to the hospital. At least it went up to 350 - I was kinda ecstatic about the improvement - since last time when I was still smoking, I had less than 300 on my peak-flow. Now doc says it could be my thyriod gland that's the real issue. I have been sick 4 times this year, twice with bronchitus, which I got only twice in my life before. So in two weeks time I have to go for tests to see what's wrong. Now I am wondering: - Is it possible that smoking could harm the thyroid gland, since it's situated in your throat? - How long will it take for my lungs are healed, especially in the direction of bronchitus? Lots of regards, Gogga PS I need some advise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,465 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $616 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$397,635.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4421 Hours: 14

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, Thanx a mill for every single one of you who have replied. I think I will definately ask my doc for more info. Riverdale Man, thanx for your advice, it is deeply appreciated. At least, the least of my worries is smoking again. I had a good-enough scare for life, and every time I battle to get breath or something like it, I remind myself that I did this to me! And that smoking will only make it worse. I'm definately cured. Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $627 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$397,635.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4421 Hours: 14

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gogga I share some of your issues and I have been ill several times in this quit. Your doctor is the best source of information and the best place to get advice. For me I have damage to my lungs and to the bronchi and I have boughts where I am very breathless. With my doctor I decided to monitor and watch carefully the situation. One thing my doctor did comment on was that people will get to this point, they will be greatly afraid that they are really very ill and they will smoke to calm themselves. There is a huge danger in this because if you are smoking you are a smoker and doing all of the damage again. Please be careful and watchful of your quit and keep talking and asking your doctor. Congratulations on 56 days Hooray! Two months is just around the corner. I hope you celebrate and reward yourself for all of the hard work you have done to be quit. Congratulations. Peace Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $817.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if anyone here is capable of giving you advice like that. My advice? Ask your doctor. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $765 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$99,976.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9156 Hours: 7

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gogga, After your last cigarette you body starts to repair itself. Depending on the amount of cigarettes you have smoked in the past, this may affect the way your body heals after you have quit. Therefore, these questions can only be discussed with your doctor at this time. Your doctor has been assessing you over the past year and has taken many tests which will help in answering these questions. Please keep us posted and be sure to give yourself credit for being quit for 56 days :). Stay strong, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: