Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Will Soon Go Through IVF-Must quit smoking for baby's health

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 4mygirls2, I feel wonderful today! I have not really been thinking about smoking, just keeping myself busy. I know I am going to do this for me first, then the child I am seeking to have. It's not as hard as I made it out to be in my mind, or maybe it's because I finally made up my mind to do this, NOW! All the post really gives me encouragement and strength to fight this demon; who by the way is NOT my friend. Thanks a bunch to everyone!!!! Angel42
Hello everyone! I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement, and for giving me the strength to move to the next level. I put on my patch today and have begun my new life. I realize it is not the easiest thing in the world to do, but I am going to do it for myself and the child I am going to have in the very near future. You all are wonderful and I will visit the site daily. My quit date was for 6/6/06, but I started a day earlier. Thanks again, Angel42
Hi, I will be going through an IVF cycle at the end of the month. Help!! I really need to quit smoking but finding it hard to do so. Any help is greatly appreicated. It seems as if I enjoy it and it keeps my company so much, its like losing a best friend. Help, Help, Help
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
-->[url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=15&topic=29788]Clickety Click[/url] -->[url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=1&topic=29854]Check this thread out[/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 18

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
But also quit smoking for yourself! You were once a baby too... and now as an adult, you are hurting yourself and that is still not okay. Congrats Angel, on quitting. Stay strong! Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$44,961.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 16

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, You've gotten some pretty good advice. You've got your motivator to quit, keep that baby in mind everytime you contemplate smoking. I can appreciate the fact that smoking has been a big part of your life but it's time to start a new one! Start working through the program. It will teach you how to replace your nasty habit with a new one. Have a plan for how your going to deal with cravings. You may want to give some thought to using nicotine replacement therapies like the patch, the gum... but please involve your doctor in this decision. Start reading through the forums, you'll be able to find lots of tips & tricks that have worked for your fellow quitters. Check back soon and on behalf of all the moderators, welcome to the SSC! Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Angel You can do it I never thought of smoking as a friend, but I surely did like it I used the Commit lozenge for a couple of weeks then stopped using them, and it has been much easier than I ever imagined. I don't even think about smoking anymore. It seems foreign to me now. So hang in here. It is not that hard to do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,806 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OinkOink2U made a great analogy - "Friends" dont ruin your health and not care, etc. Check out Breaking Free's post entitled Living in the Moment and think about making the commitment to kicking the nicotine to the curb. If I had to choose between my "friend" living or me, no doubt who I would choose. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Angel!! I wish you success with your IVF!!! I know how important that is to some people. I sure hope it works for you!!! Anyhow, Angel, you have to prepare for your quit. Complete the workbook here. Decide on a quit date. Gather as much information as you possibly can. Gather inspirational quotes and words of encouragement. Then get mad and fight. It is not easy. But it is worth doing. Don't try, just do. Take one craving at a time. Once you get through that one, never look beyond that. Gather a new routine to do. Take on new hobbies. But never forget to look at the new and exciting things that have changed since you quit. Consentrate on the positive of quitting, and let go of "battle". Fight, you must, but let go of your addiction. Don't let it run your life. Take the control back. You can do this. We are here to help and guide you through it. But you must first commit to yourself. [color=Red]N[/color].[color=Orange]O[/color].[color=Navy]P[/color].[color=Brown]E[/color]. ([color=Red]N[/color]ot [color=Orange]O[/color]ne [color=Navy]P[/color]uff [color=Brown]E[/color]ver) ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I noticed you put you patch on yesterday!!!! Good for you!! How are you doing today?? ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $304.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: