Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Hi Everyone!

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Colleen. Good for you!! Do you still get cravings? How often? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all your great replies, ideas & support!! You guys are the best! I have quit successfully approx 7yrs ago & remained smoke free for about 12mnths. I used the patches, but got terrible nightmares, which continued a year after i ceased using them! :mad: Ive bought the gum (but hope not to need it). But, back then i made the fatal mistake of thinking i could have 'just one' & it all ended, so now im here in 2006, smoking heavily at 30yrs... Ewww! This is why i believe hypnosis may be the best choice for me. I am now planning to bring my quit date earlier, as im feeling a little bit more prepared. I the importance of a solid PLAN & i know i need that. I have a long wkend coming up & think it might be better to lock myself away 4 my first three days, then go back to work! I've made my first steps, by cutting down & am using tic tacs whenever i possibly can. I am though coming to realise how enslaved i am by the cancer sticks! Evil! Thanks again! Expect to see ALOT more of me round here! :)
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Im trying to plan my quit, I want to get it RIGHT! I want a plan & back up plan (what to do at stessful times). Id love to hear hints on how you pre-occupied yourself (ie eating a tic tacs etc. What did you find really helpful? Did uquit while working full time/ take time off?? Did you get sick whilst quitting?? Im considering hypnotism, I have a stong belief that my addiction is heavily psychological. I appreciate any info & hints you can give me! This site seems great & you all seem so nice. Thanks in advance! Smoking is making me sick xo
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have an appointment to be hypnotized on June 1st. I don't know if it will help or not but I have tryed all the nic. replacement stuff and can't seem to quit. It is only $175 and I have spent way more than that on nic replacement and cigarettes. I think I am going to try to do it cold turkey because all that nic. replacement seems to just delay the inevitable for me. I want to get the withdrawl part over with and at least feel that all the nicotine is out of my body. I figure that it can't hurt to try the hypnosis. She says she is going to give me a tape of the session (the first one is two hours) and then I can go back in if I want for a "booster" which is only $85. I have gotten to be kind of excited about my quit date after several days of comming on the site and reading, as well as posting a few times. Let us know how your hypnosis goes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$74,954.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 12

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoke=Sick- I too have tried the hypnotism and it did not work for me you have to be one that can fully relax to be able to get to that state. It doesnt work for everyone and its exspensive.just some advise But perhaps it depends on who is doing it too. good luck
  • Quit Meter

$363,416.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 12

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi smoke=sick. I did use hypnotism and i found that it really worked for me. i did have many cravings especially in the first week and i really wanted to have a smoke bad but something inside me did not let me give in to the craving. i feel that it was the hypnoyism. i chose not to do a group session but an indivual session, which i believe works better because you will not be distracked by outside influances. i also set up counceling for myself to deal with the emotional impact that quitting would have on me. i am glad that i did because i needed it. everyday the cravings get less and less. i did go through withdrawls as well, and what helped me get through them was using this site and reading that i am not alone in this fight against this addiction. it is hard to quit but so worth it. the benefits of not smoking are great. i have more energy,my sense of smell is back,my blood pressure went from 130/80 to 128/62 and i feel great about myself for the first time in years. so good luck to you . YOU CAN DO IT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$190,793.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6327 Hours: 23

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smoke-Sick, Good Morning to you! Glad to see you are going to be joining us. I just love a quitter! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/18.gif[/IMG] LOL Whatever aid you decide to use, if it works for you ... great. If you don't think it is helping you, try a different aid. Just keep in mind they are 'aids'. They are not going to quit for you. You will still have to be determined with or without them. I chose the patch and so far so good. I have still had withdrawal symptoms, but not near as bad as other people I've read about. For me it is working, for others it hasn't. Whatever aid you choose ... we'll be here to support you as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 554 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 5

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
.. that it does. That it does! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Take refuge in knowing that ... I did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 554 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 5

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has been getting better. The cigs are fading from my memory and I am so happy. I feel healthier. I have been walking more. My teeth are whiter, my breath is fresher. My skin is rosy again. I feel good. I feel like I am younger. You don't have to pre-occupy yourself, sick. Just quit and don't regret it. :) Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$44,972.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5158 Hours: 23

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smoke=sick, Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep persevering! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: