Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,627 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

Pregnant and Still Smoking...Help Please

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you are quitting BEFORE you get pregnant again. I like most smokers told myself I wiould quit smoking when I got pregnant so that I could not blame myself if anything went wrong with the prgnancy or birth. Needless to say, it was easier said than done. Neither the stress from smoking while being pregnant or the stress from withdrawal is healthy for any pregnancy. The best scenario is to quit before. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
just take it one day at a time you can do it!! be positive.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meece, I havn't quit yet so it's hard for me to speak to this but I smoked through all four of my pregnancys and they were all healthy and everything and I was lucky. The only thing is... Three of them now smoke. It breaks my heart to see them enslaved the same way I am and also the guilt of continuing the cycle is unbearable. I am hoping that it is not too late to be a good example to them now. I made such a big deal of not drinking because alcohol is soooo ingrained in my family. I was so proud that I had stopped the curse to my family. But then I smoked... Think of that beautifull baby at 14 telling you he now smokes. You can't really talk because you smoke to. It's soooo hard. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$74,954.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 12

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meece, I know what you are going through, You can do this , trust in yourself. You are doing this for your child,your baby,and yourself. Take it one day at a time. I will be asking you for help in July. I quit for 3 years and messed up. Now I am back and I WILL MAKE IT AGAIN !!!!!! this time for good. Jenine
  • Quit Meter

$221,456.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5930 Hours: 17

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking free well spoken. You are so right. We waist so much time when we smoke that we don't realize how much time we waist when we sit around smoking. My husband was always out in the garage smoking and I was in the house doing something usefull. Now I sit in the garage with him and nothing gets done untill he goes to work in the afternoon. I am here for you I know what you mean. WE can do this. Jnine
  • Quit Meter

$221,456.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5930 Hours: 17

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meece... How ya doin' today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 6

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To let go of a negative memory or thought (smoking), consciously instruct yourself to release it whenever it surfaces. Refuse to invest in negativity. It's helpful to actually use the word, to say (silently or aloud) "I release you and I release any hold I have given you over me." This will help shift your focus to the present. Next do whatever is before you to do - vacuum the carpet, shovel the walk, prepare a meal, do your job, play with your children - focusing your mind fully on that task, leaving no room for the negativity. If it's a struggle, silently narrate your own actions in order to bring your attention to the present. For instance, Now I'm walking up the stairs: one, two, three, four, � now I'm washing a glass, sides, bottom, rim� now I'm dialing the phone, and so forth. If you find yourself thinking obsessively about an event or person, interrupt the thoughts with a prayer, or begin counting or reciting the alphabet. This sounds so simple, people often laugh, but it works. You'll find you have to do this over and over throughout the day - perhaps for weeks, months, or even longer. Don't feel you're a failure if you need help with it. Most of us do, and there's plenty of help available here. If, each time the negativity arises, you repeat the words of release until the thought recedes, until it floats away, you will find yourself in the present more and more of the time. If you stay with it long enough, letting go of negativity, letting go of the thoughts of smokes, it will eventually become second nature to you and your energy, your spirit, will be yours to invest positively in the present - in living, in loving, and in healing. Good Luck to you Meece. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$54,512.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 6

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This may give you some inspiration to stay quit, today: whyquit.com After viewing this, you will at least recognize what you are willing to risk by having just one. There are several stop smoking sites out there & I use three of them simply because they all provide a slightly different view about the same problem. Some days I need the hard core reality check that whyquit provides, other days are less demanding. The point is that I am responsible for MY quit, no one else can 'help' me or quit for me. The posts here provide positive feedback but I must put them to use if they are to be a useful tool. It took many years to get this deep into nicotene addiction - why do we expect to get over it in two or three days? It takes what it takes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meece, I hope today is good day and that your appointment went well. I also hope you took the opportunity to enlist the aid of your MD for you quit. He's the best authority to help you develop a plan that will work for you and baby. I'm glad to hear your husband is being supportive, soon you'll be a smoke-free family! Know you may experience set-backs. Should they happen, learn from them and keep going. This site and Pregnets is full of examples that quitting is possible. Take baby steps. We'll all be here to help you through your quit. Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am doing ok.. I am really glad for all of the support being given here. I am going to join the StopSmoking/Pregnancy website too, and I am just going to get this started. I had 2 cigarettes this morning and then came online, and am thinking that maybe I can do this right now. My husband agreed to start smoking outside and to quit smoking sometime in the future before the baby is born. Which is great because one of the hardest things for me to do is not smoke when other people are smoking. Thanks so much everyone for all of your advice and support. If anyone wants to add me to their ssc messenger that would be great... I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of support But I am doing this... I am not going to pick up another cigarette ever again. My baby deserves to live and to live healthy. I will be really embarrassed if I find out I am not pregnant, but I have all of the signs and symptoms in an extreme way and am pretty sure that I am pregnant! Thank you all again for your support and advice. I am quit today... and starting to feel really good about it. Meece1971 (Lisa)

Reading this thread: