Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,798 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Today was my Quit day - But I already screwed up. :(

18 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went cold turkey. I didn't want to drag out the nicotine addition part either. The physical addiction is suppose to be over the first 72 hours. Navigator [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meagain I am so glad you bought the Allen Carr book. I first bought that in 1994, but i didnt read it all the way through, as it knew it was working, and I told myself i didnt really want to quit smoking. How stupid is that? if I didnt want to quit smoking I wouldnt have bought the book, my copy is a tiny one which fits into small carboard cigarette type packet, you can carry it around instead of smoking. from my experience, for me, that book works more than anything as it will wash out your mental thinking 1. You want to smoke 2. You are just having a puff 3. About using NRTs 4. That you are just kidding yourself. You are not doing yourself any favours smoking, and you know it. Lose the fear meagain, you can do it. ALL methods take will power, so you have to want to do it. You will need to stay focused on why you want to quit and stick to it. You need to see the benefits. GET RID OF THE CIGARETTES!!! I cannot say this clear enough if you dont have any, you cant smoke any and tell everyone you know to not offer you one, and even if you beg for one to refuse.. If you dont you are wasting your time, because you WILL get weak times... if you are never going to smoke every again, why would you want to keep them anyway.. throw them away, or smoke them, and really take in every single filthy drag on that cigarette, how it feels, how it makes you feel... think about it. Its up to you, but you will need to be determined because nicotine can play tricks with your mind and you need to stronger than it, to succeed long term. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 182 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
do not give up [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
meagain sorry i did not see your post earlier--zyban has worked together with chewing gum--have cut back on zyban today ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
meagain...> I have smoked 26 years 30-45 a day tried to give up approx 7-8 times during these years..> Do not let that discourage you!! I have tried gums, patches and both together > And even smoked during using it!!! :0 This time im using Zyban and gums (just a few a day) and uses this support group!! I have never had a support group being able to speak to other quitters!! Good luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meagain, Welcome! I just found this place two weeks ago, and I couldn't live without it! I do know how you feel, I pushed off my quit date twice. I had to time it so that I ran out of a pack at night just before bed. Somehow I just couldn't throw them out. I am on Zyban, and I have to say I've had no physical cravings whatsoever. I didn't even know if it was working until I read about all the physical cravings people were having here. I had 2 weeks of Zyban in my system before I quit. It made me really irritable at first, but that subsided. I've heard it gives people energy, and at nite insomnia. My allergies are bad so I take Benadryl sometimes at nite, so I haven't notices insomnia. Us the tools on this site, and prepare. The mental game is hard. But I have to say that quitting has been easier than I expected, and with support and friends here I know I can do it for good. I see myself as a nonsmoker now, and it feels great! I hope you use us, we can help get you through it. Post often [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meagain ... read and get knowledge on what you are up against. Knowledge is power. Get through your withdrawals so that you can see the lies. If you want to try cold turkey go for it ... worse case scenrio you chew some nicorette gum. Understand though that by using an NRT you are keeping nicotine in your system. BUT IT IS BETTER THAN SMOKING and you can wean yourself off of the gum once you feel more confident mentally. I'm glad you found your way back here. Stick around this time, ok? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$54,568.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 8

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm back... I wasn't mentally ready before, but now I'm pretty sick of smoking. I bought Allan Carr's book. I'm trying to decide if I should go cold turkey or use the patch. I'm starting to think my previous attempt with the patch wasn't a good idea? It seemed that my body felt like I was smoking at various points or had just smoked. This produced an odd feeling of "where's the cig"? I question if it made me WANT a smoke? Or was a constant reminder? I question if it just prolongs the process and makes it actually worse? That perhaps I should just buck up and do Cold turkey. I'm not sure. I have the patches here (21 & 14), gum and also Wellbutrin. Maybe I should try the pills? I really don't know. I'm sick of smoking though. Especially right now as I'm chain smoking the last couple to get rid of them and also cement it into my brain that they are awful. I guess I'm just on the fence if I should take an 'aid' or just get it all over with. I posted on the general section asking how people quit. Maybe I'll get some ideas. But I do know on the patches I didn't quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$255,791.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6431 Hours: 12

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

aekvall - Hi & thanks. So, since you've tried all the various aids, how is the Zyban working for you? Personally, I would think I would want a valium type thing to knock me out and I understand Zyban is a bit of a booster? I'm curious about it and how it's working for you. What does it make you feel like? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$255,791.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I woke up today thinking how nice it would be to have a coffee with cig. I didn't have any coffee today cuz it goes with cigs. I'm 'this' close from running to the store and buying a pack. I've only been awake for an hour? If I could have 3 per day, I'd be fine. I find it really disturbing to feel this way only an hour into it. Yes I've already started crying too. I'm not a cryer. I didn't take the Zyban because it apparently takes a while to get in your system. Upon further reading of it, it seems the exact opposite of what I'd want. I don't want energy, or a speedy boost. I want to be sedated. LOL I don't get the logic. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$255,791.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: