Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Today was my Quit day - But I already screwed up. :(

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Meagain, it is good to have you back ! I am formerly smoking sux. I am so happy that you got the Carr book. It was that book that allowed me to see smoking for what it really was. IMO, quitting cold turkey is the way to go! But do whatever it takes! We are here to help, whatever you choose. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$45,021.24

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5164 Hours: 12

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
meagian, Welcome back to our community. Take the time to look through the program and use the tips and tools available to you. Check with your doctor for a plan that is right for you. We are always here to help and guide you! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAHAHA!! Boy, do I feel your pain! You know why I'm here? My hubby threatened me saying, "If you buy more cigarettes," blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH! (You can fill in the blah's he said it all!) Well, I didn't want to quit and I was soooo angry because I ran out of cigarettes at 5PM and at this point I couldn't buy any more. Well, I kinda turned it around and told myself that if he was threatening me I was going to show him (and myself) how strong I am and that there was no way I was going to let ANYTHING make me feel less than what I really am. I am 33 years old for crying out loud. I am an adult and I can do WHATEVER THE HECK I wanted to or needed to. That, of course, included NOT SMOKING! Sure it's hard. If it weren't it wouldn't be an addiction. You DO WANT to quit. If you didn't, you wouldn't even be thinking about it! ;p T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$15,244.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 374 Hours: 11

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/cheers.gif[/IMG] And here is to us continuing to inspire each other. I truly thank you. CHEERS! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 15

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[quote]Stop smoking. Just never smoke again. It is not a sacrifice. It is a reward to yourself.[/quote] This just went into my inspirational folder ... Thanks Mira. ----- And Fear Less ... Great Post ... Thank you. I learned a lot from it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[quote]Hi I'm going to do the whole course of the patches - the full 10 weeks - I don't want to fail in anyway so if finishing the patches helps then so be it, maybe it is just mind over matter but it helps me. As I said I haven't had any problems with them the longer I have stayed on them ( 3 weeks tomorrow ) I took three puffs of a cig and it made me so ill that I never want to touch another, you need to get any you have left and bin them now, you will only carry on been tempted if not. Good luck Joanne[/quote] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/yeahthat.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Let that disgust become your motivation. Turn that disgust into wonderful thoughts about yourself with each milestone you pass in your quit. 1 day, 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks ... You can do it girl. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi meagain, I am using the patch. Using the patch isn't cheating. It is a smart way to quit. When you quit you have to tackle two sides of the addiction: the mental and the physical. The patch helps to tackle the physical while you tackle the mental. After 10 weeks on the patch you should have a much better grip on yourself mentally and should thus be prepared to handle taking that last patch off. The withdrawal from your last patch should be minimal since it has slowly been weaning you off of the nicotine while you were handling the mental side of your addiction. For the last year there have been many things that have gotten on my nerves regarding smoking. I would think things like: my car stinks, my hair stinks, my breath stinks, my clothes stink, I wish I could run a mile without dying, my cardiovascular exercise is really suffering because I can't freaking breath, I want to be able to run and play with my children and not get tired so quickly, if I didn't have to stop for a cigarette break all the time I could get so much more done, I'm tired of always having to remember to bring my smokes and lighter with me, I want to sit through a social event without wanting a smoke, I don't want to have to go to a 'designated' area & feel like an outcast ... the list goes on and on. Even after thinking all of that stuff I would still smoke. Why? I would still smoke because I told myself that I really didn't want to quit, that I liked it. But why? Why did I like it? What did it really do for me? It did nothing. All it was for me was a crutch, an excuse for me to not get off my duff and live my life to the fullest. On top of telling myself that I didn't want to quit, I was scared to quit as well. I could not even imagine me as someone who didn't smoke. But when I sat down and looked at all the reasons that I had written down on paper ... I really could not see why I WANTED to smoke. I realized it was a crutch. A crutch for what I wondered. When I started smoking 23 years ago, I needed a crutch in life; I was a teenager trying to fit in. But I have grown over the years and I can't find any use for that crutch now. So why am I continuing to smoke I asked myself? Because it became a habit ... a nasty habit ... an addiction that enjoyed m
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do many of you use a nicotine substitute? I really don't see people posting 'how' they are doing this. I almost feel by using the patch, I'm 'cheating' a bit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$255,802.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6431 Hours: 20

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. This is my first post. Today was to be my quit day using patches. Well, I put the patch on and then discovered a 1/2 a pack of cigs. Ooops. I suppose today I'll just have a few then get rid of the pack and start fresh tomorrow? I'm such an idiot. I know better than to have cigs hanging around. I don't have much confidence in doing this because I don't really WANT to. I know I have to, but don't want to and that's a bad place to be. I suppose I don't 'want' to quit because this is going to basically s*ck. Either way, I'm dissapointed in not quitting today. On a Monday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$255,802.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6431 Hours: 20

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: