Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Can't try any more...

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol gammy ... I know what you mean about talking to cigs. They were like my friends too. Good luck with it! It is my first day and I am wearing the patch!
  • Quit Meter

$45,001.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 6

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's fantastic, Gammy45! Been the same for me. I am feeling a little nauseous but I think it is from the patch. urgh I may be tearing this sucker off in the next few days. I don't like it so far. It has given me nightmares (I already decided to take it off at night) and makes me nauseous in the morning. But Day 2... 24 hours! Not bad! We can do it !!
  • Quit Meter

$45,001.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 6

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Gammy!! And lookit that... already you have days behind you!! Keep up the great work! B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOo Hooooo! Congratulations. Welcome to a smoke-free life! Stay focused, don't lose your desire. Work through the items on the left-hand side of the screen there, if you haven't already. You CAN do this. Believe in yourself and stay focused. Read lots, post lots, and like you said - Stay Accountable. I'm very proud of you for taking this first step on your LAST quit. Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Grammy, Good for you!! Congrats on your decision to quit. Remember quitting will not kill you! I've tried several times myself and this is the longest I've not smoked. I had laser theraphy and for me it works. Drink lots of water as it will flush out that junk within 5 days. Then it will be all mental attachment. I smoked for 40 years and never thought I could do it and so grateful that I am a non smoker now. I like the way I smell and no stink'n smell in the house anymore. Be positive and be gentle to yourself. Acknowlege what you are doing and stay close to this site. The people here are awesome and will help you when you need it. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. babs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats! Hang in there! I am a fellow May 15th'er! I am doing well so far and I am about 1/3 way through day one! I DO want a cig but I am not going to have one. I have been a bit light-headed today and feeling maybe even quesy...just a wierd feeling! I know it's normal so I am just going with it!!!! Again congrats and good luck on your journey!
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b][size=4][color=Maroon]CONGRATULATIONS ON 1 DAY SMOKE FREE!!!!!![/b][/size][/color] All of you, Gammy45 and smokingsux and NascarFan! You have made the first of many days without a cig!! Remember, one craving at a time. And as Lady says, one foot in front of the other. That is how it is done........... Keep in touch, all of you! Reach out when you need us! ;p 4my2girls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gammy45 and welcome back :) Make sure to fill your toolbox of proactive behaviors, so this time is different than last. Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gammy - Hope you're doing well today! Every day it gets a little easier - although you know from experience that this first week is HELL!! But I know that you can do this! Welcome Back! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,600.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5865 Hours: 9

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gammy45, Welcome back to SSC, and congratulations on you decision to quit smoking again...Happy that you said goodbye to the cigarette while crushing it out..Make that the last time you say goodbye to those horrid killers... Hop back on this wagon and ride it to your destination and that is the rest of your life. I have found that it hurts too much to fall off the wagon, and much worse if you fall off the horse. Gave me a headache and hurt my back. Stay strong, and be determined to stay with us. When you need help post and ask for help. And believe me you will get plenty of support and encouragement. So keep on reading and posting and taking one step at a time.... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 1

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: