Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I'm scared

18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today was day one. Thanks to everyone for posting it has really helped.Today wasnt so bad at work as I was driving home thats when everything hit. My evenings are the worst for me that always seemed to be the time I smoked the most. But I will continue to keep trying. It is very hard but I am determined to do this I know I am ready to. I cant believe how I seemed to live to smoke than live for myself. I was hoping to take my dog for a walk today after work but of coarse its raining.So instead I came directly to here to keep myself busy and to keep working on my journey to a healthier me. Its a big relief to know that you have a big support system even though I have neve met any of you. You all are wonderful thank you all again for your support. Hopefully day 2 will go just as well.It seems I'm not as scared as I was yesterday. :)
Thanks guys!! you have made me feel a little better actually I am starting to get a little excited about tomorrow. Having people who understand what you are going through makes all the differeance in the world. I know to do this for myself and no one else the person that is important right now is me. Thanks guys.I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. :8o:
Tomorrow is my quit date. I hope I can do this. Today was a very hard day for me. My boss has a hard time understanding why I just can't quit. I told her that I was down to 6 cigs today and arent you proud of me . My usual was a pack a day. She actually said no. That I shouldnt be smoking at all like I could just shut it off. I was so upset I actually started to cry because I thought I was doing good. I'm so scared to do this that she actually took what strength I had and made me feel bad. It was so hard to fight the cravings that I was having. She said that she cares and dosnt want me to get sick from smoking. Dont you think she could find a better way to express herself to me instead of making me feel like dirt. How can I keep her comments from making me crave even more???? Can anyone help me????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Vicr!! How are things going? No matter what your current situation is, please post and let us know! You DO have the strength to do this - just find a way to convince yourself! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job on day 1 Vicr. I'm just like you - I get through the day at work pretty easily but still get some very strong cravings on my drive home. Now that you've made it thru day 1, now all you have to do is repeat the same thing tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. The great thing though, is that every day it gets a little bit easier. Keep up the great work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A non-smoker could never really know just how hard it is to give up smoking, so even though what your boss said does sound mean, I'm sure it's more of just a matter of truly not understanding. As far as your quit goes, it definitely is scary. You just have to keep reminding yourself how much you want to be smoke free and to take it a craving at a time, an hour at a time, a day at a time and never give in. Stay strong Vicr and an early congrats on your first smoke free day tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope everything is going well for you today! Hang in there
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Vicr! Just wondering how you are doing today?? Please check in with us! :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $219.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Vicr, Are you still with us??? :quest: Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vicr, You deserve a star, congratulations on your first day of not smoking. You can do this, be strong and use all your tools. Remember why you quit, and what it is going to mean to you. and everyone around you including your dog. We look forward to your post tomorrow, it will get better... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$230,121.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: