Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

I'm Ready

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ryan - IT will get better - I promise...but when I can't tell you that. Even at 70 plus days I have a craving every now and then. The best thing you can do for yourself is read thru some posts here - under the Coping with Withdrawals and dealing with Craving catagories. Then prepare yourself for the best thing that you could ever do for yourself and for your boys. Something that I did was to put a picture of my sons between my computer screen and my keyboard at work so I would be sure and be reminded how proud of me that they were for quiting. Bingo has some good advice as well. Work the Quit Program Notebook on the left, have your quit aids handy and go for it! Also, stay close to these boards at first and when you feel a craving coming on - just log on and cry for help! That's what we are all here for! Congrats on your day - you and your family will live longer because of this decision. Crave the Quit!! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 776 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,200.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5867 Hours: 9

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Ryan. Congratulations on quitting smoking and welcome to the SSC. It appears your quit date was 5/8/2006. That makes this your first day quit. Plug that date into your quit meter and display it by checking the "Show my Quit Meter" box every time you post. Watching the numbers go up is a truly awesome feeling. I take it you're going cold turkey. Truth is, it doesn't matter how you quit; cold turkey, NRT, non-nicotine drugs, hypnosis, laser, acupuncture, or a blessing from the witch doctor. The real quit must come from within you. Attitude, committement, and determination will carry you to success. The true secret to a successful quit is: Do not light up. Whatever it takes, do not light up. Don't worry about the future, don't worry about the next day, or hour, or minute. Just worry about this moment and in this moment you will not smoke. I succeeded by just stringing moments together. You can, too. Anybody can. Just do it. I'm glad you've decided to join us, Ryan. Keep up the good quit. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 351 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1333.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ryan, Good on you for quitting! The benefits for those quitting prior to turning 30 are huge - that was one reason I quit when I did. You've gotten great advice and Bingo cut straight to the quick for sure. Poke around to get more preparation about what to expect over the next few weeks. For me, I quit cold turkey and yes I just picked a day and built myself up for it and thought I'd see what happened. That was like 20 months ago and I haven't gone back. The freedom is unbelievable from this side of the fence! You can do this. Oh, also plan on rewarding yourself a lot along the way. Be Blessed, Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 642 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2889 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$37,349.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 645 Hours: 23

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RKM, As you can see the support and knowledge here is outstanding :) It can make a difference :) Welcome to our support community and please take the time to look around. Our program and its tools can help assist you every step of the way. Preparation is an essential part of a successful quit. We can guide you through those tough times. For now make sure you always have a coping mechanism to keep you occupied. Post often and let us know how you are doing. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: