Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Hard time... but doing it ....

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wondering how you are getting along, Babs. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1307.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hi, Babs. Glad to see you're still hanging in there. I honestly thought your laser doctor was giving you a line about the menthol making you more addicted, so I did some rootin' around on the Internet. There is a valid connection between menthol and the degree of addiction. It seems the menthol's cooling effect allows the smoker to inhale more smoke per cig and inhale it more deeply, so the nicotine delivery is higher resulting in a stronger addiction. As far as the menthol itself, there is no problem there. The menthol is metabolized and flushed out of the body, it's non-addictive, and there are no known direct health risks from it that I found. As for his wanting you to give a testimonial, I'm rather surprised at that because it does not appear to me that it's having a great deal of effect. But then I have no idea what things would be like for you without the treatments, either. Enjoy the campground, Babs. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 345 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1311 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hi, Babs. Good to hear from you. I've been wondering how you were doing. Yep, smokers don't like quitters. Quitters threaten their addiction. Quitters threaten their sense of self-worth. Quitters threaten their courage. Quitters threaten just about everything. After all, if you can quit and they can't, what does that say about them? At least by running them off you don't have to smell them anymore, lol. But I'll tell you, they will be watching you. Because deep down, below all the addict's BS, they want to quit, too. And if you can do it, then maybe they will have a snowball's chance, too. So let them watch and know that you are setting a good example. Thanks for the update, Babs. You're doing awesome and I, for one, am so proud of you. :) Keep up the good quit. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 351 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1333.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Babs, You can see why the site is so helpful :) Our members have provided you with some awesome support and you know this can be done. Use whatever is necessary to distract yourself and avoid situations that will tempt you. Keep your coping mechanisms by your side and you will fair well. Keep strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Queen, Welcome to our support community! This will be different :) We are always here for support and advice, we are not here to judge! You are free to join and add as you see fit. Our threads deal with smoking cessation and celebrations of achievements. You can be part of this! Take the time to read through the site and see the difference it can make. You will go all the way! Let us know how we can help, Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: