Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,703 Members

Please welcome our newest members: KPALMA, plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA

Having a hard time after lunch =(

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pitstop, Hang in there, stay strong. Make good use of your coping mechanisms. You can do this. Keep us posted on your day, we are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am getting ready to leave work and then probably will not be online again until tomorrow...I think I will try to exercise when I get home (or rest - which will be difficult b/c I have a 2 1/2 year old =) I am feeling ok - just really tired and out of it. Talk to you all tomorrow! Thanks for helping me through the day.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Thanks for the help =) and it REALLY helps. I am getting nothing accomplished here at work today b/c I cannot focus. I want to go curl up in bed and be alone. I will press on though. Thanks again !
I am having a very hard time right now - I keep having that sinking feeling like something is missing. I know that a co-worker friend of mine is out smoking right now...I am drinking lots of water and chewing gum. I am trying to be positive but I am feeling very depressed today. =( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again PitStop, We all know that feeling of 'something being missing'. This is just the monster that is your nicotine addiction tying to fool you into giving in. However real that feeling appears to be - THERE IS NOTHING MISSING IN YOUR LIFE IF YOU DON'T SMOKE. I'm on day 72 and it's taken me the best part of that time to realise this. Hang on in there mate All the best Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pit, Hang in there...you can do it! Try to focus on something else...like curling up in bed when you get home! :) Almost one day...whoooo...then day two...then day three... YOU CAN DO IT! Vick
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pitstop, I wish that you could go home and put on your pj's and just sleep. Hang in there, remember all of those coping skills that you have learned. Breath really deep and blow out slow....try hard sugar free hard candy, chew on a tooth pick, any thing.... If you can try to stay close to the site and post and read.... That will take your mind in another direction...Thinking of you!!!! Blessings sent your way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,864 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$230,040.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6399 Hours: 18

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Know how you feel, my first day dragged like hell. I couldn't concentrate on work and felt guilty that I was not doing anything - apart from surfing around on here. It is hard but you have to try and not think about smoking or anyone else who is banished outside for a smoke. If you can't concentrate on work then play a game or something, anything to keep your mind occuppied. You can get through this, just last another 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes then another......... before you know it an hour is gone etc. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 955 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �197.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Pitstop. This too shall pass. Give it 10 minutes. Know in your heart that you are doing the right thing. This is doable. You are no longer killing yourself like your co-worker. I am proud of you. Elizabeth [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pitstop, you are NOT missing a thing...your nicotine addiction is! Call it your junkie self, old nicodemon, whatever, but RECOGNIZE it is not YOU missing it....if it were you , you would have been born with a cigarette in your mouth and nicotine in your blood. Learn to identify your addiction....this makes it soo much easier to fight all the tricks the nicotine withdrawl will throw at you. 1 day almost down....you can DO this!!! We all have a first day.....curling up and going to bed is an awesome tool...use it. Sleep is a great healer. Thinkin Pink, Leah [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $741 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: