Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Help Please!!

18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too have been smoking for 25 yrs. I've quit 12 times, and this has been the best quit ever! What works? Wanting to be a non smoker more than wanting to smoke. I know it sounds too easy...but that's it. And without that absolute committment you'll never make it. I'm all for cold turkey. It has been the only quit that sticks for me. Everyone is different. I can never get off the NTR. sorry to sound really aa but the program only works if you work the program. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$50,473.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6259 Hours: 7

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hoops42fan - You have picked the best place to be. The SSC support is invaluable and the friends that encourge and help you here are the greatest. You can do this. I went to my doc and she put me on Wellbutrin. It helped me get over the rough patches to start. It made me feel weird but I stuck with it for about 3 weeks. It helped tremendously getting me over the craziness of nicotine withdrawal. There are people here that have used many NRT's. Just check them out on their posts...and congrats on making the best decision of your life. Use the tools and map out your path and stay close to here to post and learn. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,200.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5867 Hours: 9

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoops, Welcome to SSC, you have made a wise decision. This site has more support that Carter has little liver pills. So please use the tools and read and read some more... Be strong and don't let your guard down for one second... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 107 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,827 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $374.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$230,202.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 6

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, everyone! I am asking for help. I have tried so many times to quit. I will be turning 40 in a couple of days and have smoked for over 25 years. I can't even imagine being a non-smoker. I'm scared to death of it. Please give me some suggestions on the best way to quit. What have you all found to be most successful? The patch, cold turkey....? Thanks so much for any advise you can give me.
  • Quit Meter

$680.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 11

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hoops! welcome to the ssc! If you haven't worked through the program tools at the left here, I highly reccommend it! It'll help reinforce your reasons to quit and help you come up with some coping tools. I think it even talks about the different NRT's. I personally used the lozenges successfully, but pick what works best for you and your lifestyle. No matter what....stay close, read, read, and post! We CAN do this! [color=Purple]~;bugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 403 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,381 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2659.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$52,845.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 925 Hours: 1

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoops, you will get as many opinions on how to quit as there are people on this site. But all of us will agree on one thing: you must want to quit so badly that it outweighs your desire to smoke. Work the program tools over on the left. They will help you determine if you're ready and the best methods for you. Read through the posts here and you'll learn a lot! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 497 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1739.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$55,411.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 654 Hours: 8

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoops, Welcome to our support community and please take the time to look around. You have received some great support from our members and know that is what they are here for. Preparation is essential to a successful quit and you can do this. Take it step by step and read all the knowledge that is available. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: