Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

I'm trying one more time- here's hoping

18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you everyone for your support. Well, I've been up for two hours, and haven't smoked yet. It's not quite as hard as last time I tried. I'm trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of the cravings, so at least my house is really clean! My kids are thrilled, so I have some support there too. I'm going to put my usual cigarette money in a jar each day, so I'm hoping that watching the money add up will help motivate me. This site is great, it's a lot of help to see that so many other people have had success. I've read a lot of great tips to try, and I really feel ready to quit, so I know I can do it this time.
Thanks for the reply! My quit date is 4/18/06, tomorrow morning. I have a huge stockpile of gum and hard candy, hope they help. I've got two little boys who ask me to quit almost daily, so doing it for them will give me strength.
Hi I'm new here. I'm trying to quit yet again.I'm hoping with this program my results will be better. I will start by not having my first one when I wake up in the morning.
Well, I'm still strong so far, can't say I'm enjoying it though. But I guess anything that's really worth doing isn't easy. After meals seems to be the hardest.After dinner I was so close to going to buy a pack of smokes. But instead, I had my kids hide my car keys! (Here's hoping they'll remember where, lol!) It feels difficult right now, but still not impossible, so I'm hanging in there!
Shevie's posts are always very helpful, I've read a lot of them! Thanks, Shevie! I'm still strong so far, but I had a close call. I guess there will be a lot of those, though. Now I need to set a quit date for eating, lol!! I'm eating everything in sight. Not good since I had already gained wait during recuperating from surgery. That was a big part of my decision to quit. Smoking slows the time it takes your body to heal. It's been almost three months since the surgery, and the incision sight still isn't completely healed. So hopefully putting an end to this nasty habit will help with that, along with the other benefits. Thanks again for all of the support! It's great to know there are so many wonderful people out there to offer their sympathy and support. It really helps just to know someone is rooting for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats on your decision! Good Luck, you can do this!
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bump! It is great that we are giving up on the same day! Lets keep in touch, count the days (plus the money in the jar) together ;p
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bump! How are you doing? My first day was easier than I thought. Well, surely it is because of the patch I am using. My second day, today is much taugher. Think much more about smoking than yesterday. Today, around 11 am I looked at the clock and thought: wow! nearly 12!! lunchtime!! and than I realized that this feeling is because I used to have a cigarette on the way to town center. Old habit and it reminded me of fags. But i had a nice walk without puffing. Feels very very good!!! I agree this site is great and the people here are smashing. Whenever I read posts they give me such strength. Didnt thought it would help so much. but does, indeed! Let me know how you doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bump, Welcome to the family and congrats on your decision to live! This program is really helping me, I'm past my hell week (as they say) and I'm still determent to stay a non-smoker. I quit a couple of times before, each lasted a week or a month, and then I would start smoking again, but not this time! This time I have friends who's supporting me all the way! And the idea of ridding yourself of the first one is great, that's how I started. Keep strong, when your mind wants to tell you that you need a ciggie, stay strong and tell your mind you are stronger than that and that you are the boss! We are here for you, just stay close to the site. Regards, Gogga :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$397,941.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4425 Hours: 0

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bejja, Congratulations!!! You made it through the first day. I remember the first time I quit and just how proud I was of that. Even with this quit, that first day is SO important because it means a new beginning! Check in here often, and POST POST POST when you are feeling the hard pull of your former smoking self. Take Care! Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: