Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,138 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn

I'm Quitting!

18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well a week and no cigarette. Friday was a test though. I had a horrible day at work and thought I was about to put someone in a head lock and then we went to my Aunt's house for dinner and she smokes. But I did good anytime she lit up I just got up and walked away or thought about somethingg else. It was so hard but I kept thinking about the end result....feeling better about myself.
Well guys I've made through 2 days without hurting anyone. I have been a little rude to people. Lately it's doesn't take much to irritate me. Is this normal?
Well I made through day one with out hurting anyone. I was pretty crabby last night though. My poor husband just dealt with it. I started with the highest patch but I think I'm going to have to move down one. I had a headache all day yesterday (couldn't get rid of it) and sometimes I felt as if my heart was going to come out of my chest. I felt kind of yucky all day.
Thanks to everyone for the support, I know you guys will make the difference for me this time. I'm doing pretty good, the patch seems to be working well for me. Driving to work was kind of hard because I usually smoke on the way to work but I just turned up the radio and started singing.
I am trying the patch. Last year I quit cold turkey and it was very difficult so I opted for a little help this time around. We have many redheads too. My mother was a redhead, my mother-in-law is a redhead and I have two redheads 11 and 4 years old. Sometimes I feel bad for my husband.....sometimes!!
I tried to quit last year for my birthday but then my mom had her heart attack and was in the hospital for several days before she died. I tried very hard to not pick up a cigarette but I couldn't handle the stress. So I started again and here I am almost a year later trying to quit.
Hello Everyone, I'm quitting smoking as of tomorrow 04-17-06. Both of my parents have died in their mid fourties of heart attacks and they were both smokers. I finally realized that I cannot go down that same path, I need to quit. My 29th birthday is on thursday the 20th and I have promised my husband and my kids that I will quit for my birthday. I know I can do this, I need to do this.
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG on your quit!! You have found the right place. This is day 3 for me and without these wonderful people I would have blown this quit. Remember to drink lot's of water, keep checking your quit meter and come here and post as many times as you need to. Somebody will always be here for you! Hugssss, Nicole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Red, glad to see you are hanging in there. You need to display your quit meter. It is a great motivator to see how far you�ve come in a short time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 643 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Luck today I think it�s great that that we have assists available. This has made the difference between success and failure for me. I love the lozenge and only use them when I get that urge. It has made my transition virtually painless. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: