Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,701 Members

Please welcome our newest members: koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi

Hi All!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gogga, Congratulations on chosing your quit date. Remember to be prepared and plan for this quit. We're all here for you when you need us. Take Care, Melanie ___________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ron, Thanks a lot for your support! And congrats on your victory thus far, you have done amazingly well! Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4421 Hours: 4

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Redrosie, I definately want to quit badly, the way I'm feeling with my illness was just the last straw. Somehow it's like I always knew that I will have to quit sooner or later, and at the time I'm so convinced to quit that nothing will change my mind. I have stopped for 10 months while I was pregnant, so I know what to expect. And I forgot to mention that I at least have Quit spray, to help me. Lastly, I am trying to fall pregnant at the moment, and I will not smoke with someone inside of me, so this is for real. Thanks for your inspiring words, I hope we'll chat again soon? Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I have been smoking for 11 years (I am now 26), except for the 10 months I stopped when I was pregnant with my son. I have been diagnosed with bronchitus (which could be chronic, we'll have to wait and see). It was the 3rd attack since I started smoking. The doctor pleaded with me twice to stop when he diagnosed the bronchitus, and previously I have been warned by other doctors; when I had my 1st attack in 1995, and even when I was 5 the doc told my mom that I must never smoke. Apart from that I had Gestational Diabetes with my pregnancy almost 4 years ago, I am on the warning list for Type 2 Diabetes, and I have most of the signs already. As you all know, smoking is poison for Diabetes; and there's a link between respitory deseases like Bronchitus and Diabetes (which makes me smoking even worse. Lastly, I have sinus problems, I get severe attacks quite regularly - Should also not be smoking there. Not even to mention my almost-4 year old son has problems with his chest, he was in hospital when he was 9months with Bronchitus, Pneumonia and Asthma - doc advised me we should not smoke in the house, or near him...maybe he will walk the same road as I? Could anyone give me a reason why I would not want to quit smoking now? I chose my date to stop, 17 April 2006, in 16 days. I need motivation from other quitting people please? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks a lot, Carlos! It's wonderful to know there's people out there who want to help. Congrats on your second day, you're getting there! Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your personal regrets with me, it only makes it more and more clear to me that I cannot continue like this. I am however terribly sorry that you have to suffer, though I know that nothing I say could make it better. Thank you so much for your inspiring words, I will definately hold those words close to my heart. I hope that everything goes well with you, and before I forget, congrats on your 60 days, it's worth the while! Hope to talk to you again soon! Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Josie, Thanks for welcoming me in the group, I have been thinking about this quite hard, and to me - I have to quit if I want to live to see my grandchildren grow up. This is my deadline. Thanks again! Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi there, Thanks for welcoming me, and congrats on your 26 days! I have forgot to mention that I am actually going to use Quit, one of the NTR's or something, though I'm not sure if you'll know it as it's not that well-known. It was however what I used when I quit the 10 months so I'm kinda trusting it. It should not harm the pregnancy, as I still have 1 month on a course, whereafter it will officially start, and by that time it'll be like the previous time - when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't need the Quit cause I couldn't get myself to hurt my baby. I have read quite a lot about Diabetes, especially on the Internet, as I am at risk I want to know as much as possible about the subject. What I have read is that Diabetes is linked to respitory deseases - inflamations in that area - but with my memory problems, I can't seem to remember how. I receive daily tips from this website I have discovered, and the info was in one of them. I will email her and ask her to forward that to me again, and I will then forward it to you. If you're interested, this is the website www.diabeticsecrets.com, her name is Karen Newton. Good luck on your journey as well, and thanks for the help! I will come back to you re the info. Hope we chat again soon. Regards, Gogga
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Redrosie, Thanks for the laugh, I surely do appreciate it - at least I have a great sense of humor. I'd also have explaining 2 do if that happened, just imagine - I'm sure I would have bn pregnant most my life, as I'm the type of person who breaks my nose running into a closed door by accident (it's true)! Quit spray is an inhaler which passes a little nicotine into your system each time you use it. There's 4 small containers; no 1 that you start with, which has the highest amount of nicotine in it; no 2, which you start after finishing 1, which has less nicotine in it; and so on. Lastly you end with no 4, the lowest amount, up until you finished. I think the reason you wouldn't know it, is because I am living in South Africa - I don't think it's very well-known all over, but that's what helped me the previous time, so I'm using it again. Yes, I am trying for my second child, I would love to have a girl! I have remarried last year May, after an horrible divorce from my son's father, so my husband and I would like to have a child together. Talk to you soon. Regards, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi there, Thanks for replying, and congrats on your 53 days! I am more serious than I ever was in my entire life, this has to be done, and it has to be done now. Luckily I have an inhaler ready for the cravings, the same one I used to quit the previous time. Good luck! Regards, Gogga [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$397,591.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: