Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

My Bad...

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello everyone i am new to this programme and could do with some help
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
At least you didn't smoke the whole one. and it didn't start you off again, so put it down to one bad day. My quit day is next Monday but i'm preparing myself. No smoking at work, leave my cigarettes at home. I can completely relate to you having that 1/2, sometimes it seems so easy!! Today is a new day and yesterday is the past!
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My wife still smokes, although a different brand. 5 years ago, (My one and only quit till now) I did all those things. Threw what was left away, cleaned out my ashtray, etc. I started sneaking hers... till I went out and bought my Brand. I feel that this is the only way that I can overcome... Ron N.O.P.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Thanks for the input everyone. This may sound strange to you all, but I have not thrown away my cigs. I have a pack in my winter coat pocket, in the junk thing between the seats in my truck, down by the wood stove in the basement. Actually, I have about 6 packs laying around within reach. It's my stupid way of facing down the demon... Temptation all around... and if I can keep the quit, I know I will do it for life!!! ;) Ron Oh... sorry Rob47 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
yep, I know that I screwed up. Tiredness and stress got the better of me. Thanks for the support everyone!! :)
I had 1/2 of a cig when I got home this morning. :mad: I gotta do better.
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not trying to be a jerk. Really. But there is a forum for "slipping" and relapsing on this site. Maybe that's a good place to post if this happens. I know it's hard. We all do. When you're in need of support for going back to smoking and regretting it, maybe that's the place to go. Please help those of us who are committed to our quits. Thanks, Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko, You had a stressful night at work and you were tired. Get back on the QUIT horse and jump back into the fight. Make a plan for how you will deal with this in the future, last night was not the last snowfall. Be firm, be true to yourself! AND get to know the difference between your own voice and the voice of your addict. Good for you for coming back and telling everyone about your battle. Keeping my quit every day and every night is one of the most challenging and difficult things that I have ever done. Keep coming here, keep posting amd keep on keeping on. Strength, determination and perceverance! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Hey Ronko Keep up the work fighting the addiction. Rusty is on when she says that keeping cigarettes around is an information thing. I know that in the past I would keep some in the car, in the house somewhere and in the office. I say in the past because with that temptation laying around I was never able to quit. I wanted to quit, I would be trying to quit and I was simply not strong enough to tell the addict in me who was running the show. When I got rid of the smokes, got rid of the part of me that was weak and could not resist the temptation because it was just to close, I found that I could be totally in my strenght to stop smoking. The temptation (the stashed smokes) were telling me that I could be weak, that it would be okay if I broke my word to myself. Well when I got rid of the smoking stuff and the smokes themself the story was very different. Time for you to step into your strenght, get all the courage you can muster and get rid of all of the smokes all around. You can do this and you can find the strenght to fight the addict and WIN! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
If it is working for you and you actions support what you want then that is what works for you. Congratulations on being quit! Be strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: