Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,701 Members

Please welcome our newest members: koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi

Scared to Death!

18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all. I will just have to try to stay relaxed. It helps to know that someone knows that I'm doing this. I'll make it and smell good all day. I can't imagine what the rest of the week will be like, all I can think about is one day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have one cigarette left and my quit date is tomorrow. I can handle not having that first one and will get ready for work much quicker! Then it's in the truck, alone, right by the store. I can't believe how nervous I am. I want to cry already, but I DON'T NEED CIGARETTES! Any tips for that first day?
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi New Life Congratulations on your decision to quit! I was scared too about waking up day 1. But you can do this. Sounds like you are worried about your trip to work tomorrow since you go right by the place you pick up your smokes. LOL...I still avoid 7-11's. Can you go to work a different way? I think it helps to change around your other daily little rituals as well as quitting smoking, its a whole brain reversal gig. Change little things, go a different way to work. Back into your parking place instead of pulling in. Drink water instead of soda. Watch channel 2 news instead of channel 6 news. etc. Have a great 1st "new day" of you "NEW LIFE" tomorrow. Peace Kare [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Twizzlers!! They worked wonders for me while driving. One thing that suprisingly doesn't bother me is picking up a pack of cigarette while I am in town for my husband. That's just a slap in the face!! Well Congrats and your decision. This place is really cool in helping you quit smoking. A whole bunch of support!! Be brave!!! Hang On!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi New Life, Stay strong and check back here often. Always remember that you choose not to smoke. Also click the box to show your Quit meter. You can do this and you have a great resource here to help you complete your quit. During the first week check back here often. Soon you will be through Hell Week and it gradually gets easier from there. Congradulations on your quit Tim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,482 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New Life...Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on your decision to quit. Tips for the first day... drink a lot of water, take lots of deep breaths and be sure to keep some mints/gum handy. Take it one step at a time and keep telling yourself that you can succeed because you can. Quitting isn't easy but it is doable. You are about to change your life for the better. When you feel like giving up, take a deep breath and keep putting one foot in front of the other. There is a lot of usual information on this site. Take a look around and read, read, read. Post when you need help, that is why we are here. You CAN do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oops forgot my stats. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1124 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
put a toothpick in your mouth and leave it there. it helps with the "hands busy" craving thing, and the hand to mouth connection. tricks your brain. worked for me.
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New, Welcome to our support community. What have you got planned for the first day? You need a coping mechanisms to keep your mind off the ride and past the store. Try gum, candy, chew stick and anything else that will distract you and keep driving. Preparation will be beneficial for you in the next couple of days. Take a look around the site and use the tips and tools available to you. Our support group will guide your through those tough times and will always be there. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: