Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello, 12 hours smoke free!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
patch, The decision to quit smoking in itself is such a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successful quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember the SSC Support Team is always here to help you with your quit. Please keep us posted. Take Care, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well my first day back to work as a non smoker went well!!! Stressfull day too.I`m now at 71 hours smoke free.Really didn`t think I could do it. Thanks...Tom.
Thanks for all your support!!! I`ve now reached 48 hours and at the moment don`t really have a craving.I`m slowly adjusting to the new me over this weekend.Tomorrow will be the ultimate test as it`ll be my first day at work being a non smoker.I`m a electronics field technician so I spend much time in my car driving to locations.I`ve already taken the ashtray out of my car and locked it in the trunk.Thanks again for all your support.
Hello, it`s now been 30.5 hours since my last smoke.I came so close to having one without even thinking about it.Once I noticed it was in my hands I quickly got rid of it before lighting up.I then threw my cigarettes behind the book shelf where I can`t get to them. I did have a very minor auto accident yesterday and I almost gave in and had a smoke.I slid on ice and hit a car at less then 5km per hour.There was already another accident on the scene with the cops already there.Thankfully they seen it all since the other driver was a little on the shady side.All in all I`m proud of myself for not having a smoke and it was a distractor to keep my mind off puffing for awhile. Thanks...Patch.
Hello, I`ve been a smoker for almost 30 years with the last 20 years being a pack a day.I quit 10 years ago for three months but started again.Yesterday evening at 6:30pm was my first on the patch quit date.It`s now been 12 hours since my last smoke.I`m going crazy.I hope I can do it.
Hello, Thanks for your support!!! Nnow I`m up to 13.40 hours on the patch and smoke free,but I feel bad.I`m twice as nervous as usuall and am starting to shake and getting all fidjety.I`m pacing back and forth.I`m trying real hard to trick my brain into thinking I`m a non smoker.
Thanks again!!! The post that mentioned that it sounds like I`ve been up most of the night accurately describes how I feel.I`ll take that advice and try to sleep again.Hopefully I`ll feel better when I get more rest.I `ll be back on later to post an update. Thanks again for all your help...Patch.
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Patch Glad to hear from you again and glad to hear you did make it through. One thing though, you can still get to those smokes that you threw behind the bookshelf and your buddy the nicodemon will try to convince you that it is worth the trouble. So, while you are in control, dig that pack out and destroy them. Smash, crush, beat, tear, rip apart and when your done with that soak em water, leave nothing to chance not even a butt that you might be tempted to light up. Do be very proud of yourself as these first few hours and days are the toughest. Stay Strong for another smoke-free day! Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Patch Have you been up all night? If so, go to bed, sleep it off. If not, go for a brisk walk or jog, sounds like you need to expend some of that nervous energy that has built up. Also, breath deeply through your craving and drink water, both of those usually help me curb the crave within just a few minutes. Hang in there, you can do this. Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Hey Patch, Congrats on your decision to quit! Hang in there, you can get through these cravings, just line up some things to do that will take your mind off of that nasty little nico-deamon. Stay Strong Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 429 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: