Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

One day down .... rest of my life to go!!!

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGRATULATIONS DANIEL, my friends and family cant quite believe i have done it either but it is a great feeling when you meet someone you havnt seen in a while, just look at their face when they see you are still of the ciggies-its worth its weight in gold. My family are so proud, it is such a lovely feeling. Stay strong, you can do it!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am just 4 hours from a full 2 days smoke free. Feeling unusually calm about this entire thing so far. I am a musician and have 2 gigs this weekend. That will be the real test. If I can look myself in the mirror on Sunday and know that I didn't give in then I truely am done smoking. Thanks again, D [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
So I am not even sure how or why it happenned. I put the trash out after dinner last night and had a smoke in the garage as usual. This to shield me from the snow and cold. I had only a few drags left and decided to really enjoy them. I did and then threw the remainder of the pack in the trash bag and that was it. I came in and told my girlfriend that I was done. She didn't even look up from her computer and said "yeah, sure you are." I just feel different about doing it this time. Glad I found this forum. I'll be around alot. D [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daniel, great job on lasting 2 days almost - that takes a lot of guts and effort. Welcome to the non smoking community! BTW Butterfly - you were saying your goodbyes yesterday! :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daniel Boone.. you is the man ! A Big man, with an eye like an eagle.. and tall as a mountain.. Great Decision .. we are all here to help. Do you have your quitting supplies in hand ?? some ideas : 1. use the tools here at the site.. they are set up to help us be successful.. never argue with success.. 2. get some cravin' buster munchies.. hard candy (lemonheads, redhots, tootsie roll pops, etc.), sunflower seeds, peanuts... 3. Get rid of all cigarette paraphenalia... ashtrays, lighters, extra packs of cigarettes. 4. Clean your car out completely or get someone to do it for you as incentive. Your girlfriend might believe you if you make her part of the process. 5. Tell your girlfriend that you could use her help and support. Women as you know can be really great supporters.. we are naturals.. naturally beautiful, naturally smart, naturally strong.. naturally ready to shop, well.. you know what I mean.. 6. Stay away from people who smoke if at all possible. Take a break from any influence.. do it purposely.. 7. Pamper yourself.. lay around a bit more.. remember you are in withdrawal and you may need more rest.. you are entitled.. you deserve it and don't let anyone tell you different. 8. Drink lots of water and tea and cranberry juice (there are lots of kinds.. I like cranberry-grape ). This wil help flush that nicotine out of your system faster.. make you feel better in the process too. 9. After a few days, reward yourself by spending that money you would have used for smokes. More money will be coming ! 10. Recognize the Nico Demon. He is the little voice trying to convince you to smoke. He will try anything to get you back. He is your pusher and he doesn't want to leave easily. You have to kick him out.. 11. come here often and tell us how it's going.. We can help explain things that are happening.. Congratulations and welcome dude.. We are starting a new club for people who quit in Feb 06. FairyDust is collecting names of new members (look for her post). We are currently Voting on a name for OUR new club(look for my post). Please join us ! Hang Tuff ! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49 [B
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daniel, I'm a musician too, and have long equated smoking with playing, composing, and recording. But we live in a different world now! And smoking is not a part of it. Good luck with those gigs, it CAN be done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 374 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Daniel I know that feeling. The one that you just know you are done and it feels great I did not tell my husband till the next day. Welcome the the SSC Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision Daniel - here you get a new kind of high - the high of success, the high of achievement, the high of real encouragement... Stick around - it really does help!! [img]http://www.lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �50.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Daniel. Good for you on deciding to quit. Hang on it's quite a ride,[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/HORSE.gif[/IMG] but this is the place to be to help make it easier. Post often, it really does help. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,089 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $373.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats it 'D'. Read, post & motivate up, hope to see ya round. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 410 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2665 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$12,553.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 628 Hours: 4

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: