Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hi! I'm new here

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
but this is Day 40 of my quit. I was a two pack a day smoker for 25 years, so it has been tough, but well worth it! I am using the patch (14MG now) and the doctor just prescribed Wellbutrin for me last week to help with the weight gain element. I'd love to meet all of you! Lynda :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thank you Brent! 66 Days! How is it going for you? It seems like each week is a little different for me. Lynda
Wow, Redrosie what an awesome welcome! I am a little leery about downgrading my patches. I just barely went to 14 from 21 and I did notice a bit of a difference. It might be all in my head though! I am so happy to be here! Lynda
Hi redrosie! (I am a rose growing fanatic, so I am really bonding with your name!) I overextended my time with the 21 MG, so I have only been on the 14s 3 days. Just when I was on target to switch a family occassion came up where I knew I was going to be around smokers around the clock for a few days so I bought another box of 21s instead of making the switch. (Chicken! I may be a little overprotective of this Quit!) After this box, I go to 7s though. They are starting to get terribly itchy! When I went for a checkup last week the nurse broke into a bad case of the giggles when she saw all the little red circles all over me! Lynda
Thank you Josie! I feel really positive about this Quit, but not so over confident I wouldn't welcome some support now and then! Lynda
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou: It sounds like you could realy benifit from the patch. Does your state offer the patches for free? I have been on the patch since 1/1/06 and they have helped. The cravings are still there but they are easier to cope with. Stay strong and keep posting. Just reading the posts of others has helped me a lot. it is important to know that you are not alone!
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A warm welcome to all you newcomers, this is a great site and you will get lots of support from everyone - visit often. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
40 days, that is awesome! I am going on 8 days. I'm doing the Lindora online program while I'm quitting in hopes of not gaining weight.. hopefully I'll even lose some. I lost one whole pound last week. I cheated a bit on the diet but I did not smoke! Great to meet you. The smoke meter is a great little program, I highly recommend it. I love to come home and find out how many cigs I have not smoked. Welcome. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 239 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lynda, Welcome and congrats on a great quit so far! I am far off your mark but I am on my way. I have found great comfort in this community and I hope you will as well. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/an24.gif[/IMG] Lynda , nice to meet ya. Congrats on 40 days, that's awesome. I just downgraded to 7 mg today. 2 weeks on that and I will be nekkid. I'm a little nervous how I will do without the patch. This is a great site. You will find many people to talk with on this crazy nicotineless trip. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/wave.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: