Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Calling all February '06 Quitters!!!!

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, as you can see, my quit date was the 8th, and I'm OK. Everyone at work is now afraid of me, my boss even gave me a lecture about my attitude....but have NOT strayed from the goal, Saving money and showing my kids that smoking sucks. Keep it up everyone!
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Gudi2shoes: Your posting sounds a lot like mine. I'm a 50 year old male in Ontario Canada. YOU WILL DO IT THIS TIME. Today is a new day, a clean slate. My previous two days have not been what you would call "My finest hour.' I have reset my quit date for today and like you, as of 12/2/06 I am a non-smoker. There are a lot of great people here and I'm sure I have only met a very small number of them. You have come to the right site for support. Hang in there!!!!! I QUIT!! :) Tom
Good morning and a great morning it is. The 'Kick Ash' group from January have started a list of folks in there gourp. They started with a small list and each person who wants to add their name to the list, copies the existing list pastes it into their reply (Reply to this Discussion) and adds their name at the top. How does this sound to everyone? Method: Highlight the list of exisiting names - right hand click, select 'copy' then go to 'Reply to this Discussion' - once in the reply window, right hand click again the select 'paste'. Once you have added you name to the list and any comments you want, select 'Reply to Discussion' We are now developing our own list of February Quits. I had to reset my quit date because I've had a couple bad day and smoked. Today is a new day! Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/03 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03
Hi There: I'm a Feb quiter. I have reset my quit day to 2/12/96 as I fell off the wagon Friday night and again Saturday night. Sunday is a whole new day and I'm going to be back on track. name suggestion for the group: "Butt Enders" Motto suggestion: Now that we've Quit, it's behind us!
Good moring everyone: :p :) I'm back on track and this is another day 2 somke free. Most of the 'stressors' that I allowed myself to react to Thurs through to and including Sat, have been put at rest. Yeaterday, I found out that the lady I love really does love big time. What a stress reducer. This is great Monday and it's going to be an amazing week! Hello Diane and welcome to this group. I'm a newbie as well. You will find that these folks are great at providing support. They help me get through a week-end from H...! Peer support is like a 'Master Card' moment; PRICELESS. As you can see Michael, I have copied and pasted your name onto the list of amazing people. [b]TO ADD YOUR NAME TO THIS LIST:[/b] highlight the list and select 'copy', include these instructions. When your in the 'Reply to Discussion' window, right hand click and select 'paste'. Serena or "Fairy" 2/11/06 Michael - Jacksonville, Florida (aka-STJ) 02/12/06 Tom, Ontario Can. 01/12/06 Chris, Texas, 02/03 OinkOinkO2, Hull,UK 02/06 Jack, NY 02/06 Shannon, Fayetteville, AR, 02/06 Kimi, NH, 02/01 Ang, Ontario, CA 02/01 Amy , Toledo, OH 12/03 Candice (ashika1), Ontario Can. 12/02/06 Cuddles 2/11/06 boubou 1 February Quit4Josh 02/03
Congrats Kim, you are doing great. Day 12, that's supper. Hope you are giving yourself rewards for accomplishing being an ex-smoker. Yesterday I went out and bought a large bag of chocolate bars for my rewards. And at the end of each day I plan to grab a bar to reward myself for getting through the day without smoking. I can afford this approach because I'm under weight to begin with. Not sure if this will work but it's worth giving it a shot. Tom :)
Thank you very much for your encouragement Siomarie and Kim, it's greatly appreciated. This is all mind over matter...If you can fool your mind,it don't matter! LOL On occassion the matter is just too thick to cut and that's what happened to me early in the week. Time to overcome and get on with it. With the support from you guys and the strength I draw from within, I will do it. Tom ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Good morning: I'm back and I'm going to do it this time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my name is Carol. I live in Canada. I have not quit smoking yet. I plan on quitting on my birthday Feb. 16. My husband quit two weeks ago using the patch. I am just going to try and do it on my own. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you know I am aboard too.
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm Dave, and I'm NOT a smoker! Yeah! Quitting ROCKS, and so don't I for doing it! Sometimes I go crazy and I hurt the feelings of those around me, and I'm sorry about that. Its not them, its me. Or more specifically, its the scorching fire I feel in my brain from lack of nicotine... but quitting rocks! Yeah! Let's make smoking history, y'all! (Hi Baby) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: