Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

I REALLY NEED ADVISE...I AM GETTING SCARED

16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Hello Kelly :) I'm just popping in to see how you are feeling today. Depression and anxiety is a very difficult situation to be in. I've been through it since '95 - some times have been terribly rough and other times just down right nasty. I guess I just wanted you to know that many understand you and care deeply about you. When you have a chance let us know how you are.. Peace [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Trooper for some wonderful advise, and welcome to the site!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $487.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first time in an online support group so forgive me if I'm not very good at this. I get the drift that you are dealing with depression and anxiety. I can't say that I'm an expert on either but I have a great deal of experience with both. I had my first diagnosed panic attach when I was thirty-seven. It took months for me to first get a doctor that knew what questions to ask and then finally be diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I had a very abusive childhood and never realized the damage it had done till it started surfacing at thirty-seven. That was thirteen years ago. I refused the medication for a long time and sank deeper and deeper into depression until I could no longer go to work, I was afraid to leave the house, I was even afraid I would become suicidal. When I finally agreed to medication the first one I tried sent me into a major panic attach. The next one I tried was Zoloft. At the time I started taking it I just wanted to die so as long as I could hold off on that the side effects were bearable. I have a wonderful husband who helped me through the first three or four weeks while the medication stabilized me. I'm still on medication and I believe it has helped me tremendously. I also fought to get psychiatric treatment. It is because of my experience that I wish to suggest you try medication (you may have to try a few, you may have to wait a few weeks for them to stabilize) and really push for professional help to get at the source of your depression. And I think it's a great idea going to the Depression Center. Once you have found the source of your depression you can seek more specific help and support groups. Good luck and just hang on, it can be a bumpy ride.
Just got in here today...Lilly made 100 days!! Way to go!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $487.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
First time I have been able to get in here today, work has been AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! Anyhow, thanks for all the kind words. Yesterday was a dosey guys, I almost caved, I went home at 3:30, made it past the gas station (thank God), no kidding on that I was praying and sobbing, pulled into my driveway at 4 and went to bed. I missed my daughters final school concert and everything. She said it was fine, her boyfriend was going and I don't think she wanted mom there anyway. BUT STILL!! I was up very little until I woke up this am at 5 and had to take an alprazalam for God only knows what reason. When I got up finally, it was hard, but today seemed a bit better until I got to work. I almost left twice again to go buy cigs..BUT I DIDN'T. I just kept telling myself the cravings weren't real, beacause they aren't, and I am feeling better some now. I walk on my breaks with my husband twice a day and usually cry through the whole thing and that releases alot of stress. I just can't understand why I am getting worse right now, I am becoming a failure as a wife and a mother, I need to kick myself in the ash and get a grip. I keep telling myself it is a phase and phases are not permanent, thus the name. The weather here is so ridiculous I am starting to believe some of the religions with the end of the world stories..I need to walk outside, I know that would help. Ok, enough crabbing. In our town it is TRIVIA weekend. It is state wide trivia contest, 39th year in a row. I played when I was younger, but not anymore. My brilliant husband let my 15year old daughter have a party, it is 24/7, cant wait. Oh well, they will have fun. Hope you all have a great weekend, even with my whinning and crabbing. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $476.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Anxious, Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. You are in my thoughts and prayers you will get by this I just know you will, positive thinking girl you will be grand. Thank you for all the support you sent me when I was low Take care [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,095.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smile Kelly. I know this journey can seem daunting at times. I hear that there REALLY IS a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a nice welcoming light at the end of this sometimes long and endless tunnel. Most of what we feel, I think, is only temporary. Although it may not feel like it at the time. They say that the only thing constant in life is CHANGE. Change in the way we feel and think. I don't think our thought patterns can always stay the same, otherwise we'd become stagnant. Hang in there, girl, there are good times ahead!!!!! Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $637.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Kelly. one little step at a time. baby steps ... then skipping and jumping rope. Happy dance.. you have to giggle when you do the happy dance.. Ok I will put this in your head.. and you will hear it today...LOL the song Don't Worry... Be Happy ..... have you hugged your kids today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Kelly. one little step at a time. baby steps ... then skipping and jumping rope. Happy dance.. you have to giggle when you do the happy dance.. Ok I will put this in your head.. and you will hear it today...LOL the song Don't Worry... Be Happy ..... have you hugged your kids today? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Thanks changing, you are so positive, it rubs off!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: