Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

A serious thought..

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phil, have to put my two cents worth. What if you were misdiagnosed ???????? smoked and had to go through all of it again: hell week heck week blah week and feeling like sh.......for months, the thought of it just scares me half to death anyway so.....nope one day at a time LOL Marie xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 301 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1956.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My first thought was "Yeah, in a hearbeat". But since we are looking w-a-a-a-y down the road, hopefully smoking will be such a distant memory that it won't even pop into my head. Plus, it will be so expensive (if it's even legal) I won't be able to afford it! Since I will be about 106 years old I will no doubt be living with my non-smoking kids or grandkids (no old-folks home for me) I won't be able to smoke anyway, unless I can wheel myself to the window, open it a crack, bend over and blow the smoke outside...then I might have to have just one! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, First I said yes...then I smacked my demon over it's head with my frozen cod...squashed it into the ground...covered it up with a shovel full of sh$$ and said no way, N.O.P.E. I will not take my last breath wishing I had smoke in it. I will take my last breath relishing my freedom. :eg: I win again. Pat 29,396,000 nicodemon 0 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$121,516.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 967 Hours: 22

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please dont get TOO serious....... AllI meant was that even after all this time If I knew the end was in sight I would smoke! me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1286.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Many years ago a girlfriend & I went to a hypnotist to quit smoking. I quit for over seven months, she stayed quit, but the whole time, she said "On my 80th birthday, I am going to start again." I laughed at that. But it just may be something that helped her quit, having that particular goal in mind! She is still quit to this day...19 years ago. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 911 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $379.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer, this was after he had quit for about 6 months. Once diagnosed he started smoking again. He said, what the hell, I am going to die anyway and he wanted to die happy. He said smoking made him happy. I am not so sure I would do that. I think right now I am too soon into my quit to make that type of decision because the cravings are still there and I would probably go ahead and start up agai. Later on in my quit I probably would not start up again. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've thought a lot about this recently, since I'm dealing with the immenent death of my grandfather (he was given 2-3 days to live yesterday). After much thought and consideration about this topic, if I only had a few days to live, I don't think I would want to spend them smoking. Think about it... if we smoked a pack a day, and spent 6 minutes on each cigarette, that's TWO HOURS each day that we spent smoking. If I had a couple days to live, do you think I would want to spend 2 hours of each of those days puffing away on a plant?!?! HELL NO!!! That's the conclusion I've come to... but like everyone else said, I hope I never have to face that reality. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 662 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2734.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a friend who is 64. She had to quit about 10 years ago because of a big problem with her circulation. She still misses it. She says that if she reaches 80 she'll start smoking again! I suppose some of us have those thoughts and wonder about it but, when it came to it, the actual reality of the taste would be pretty replusive and would make a resumption unlikely. Mind you, what do I know. I'm only on day 13. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nope. I am pretty sure I wouldn't. I quit once before and I think I would have then. But this time, I think I would say to myself "well, at least you are going to die clean; at least you managed it before you died" and I would savour every last mouthful of my unpolluted air in my nice clean lungs. Guilt-free at last! S
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I were still craving a lot, I imagine I would light up. Yea, let's hope we're never in that situation. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $183.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: