Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Well, this is it.

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys. First off I just want to say how much your posts mean to me. I have not been discussing this issue in real life as you guys know. And coming on here has been a good way for me to cope. My husband has been offered a job. Of course he has accepted it as we need money coming in, but he is still hoping to get the other job I was telling you guys about. Please think of us. Please include my family in your prayers. While I am very thankful that he has been offered something, this other job, if it is all we think it is, will really compliment his experience and education and help him to get his foot in the door for where he ultimately wants to be. This has been the most stressful thing I have been through since I have quit. I am not happy it has happened. But in a way I am. I mean, what could be more stressful than wondering how you are going to feed your children? Of course this is an irrational thought, but scary times bring on irrational thoughts. And I have made it through without smoking. I have conquered another 'first'. I have learned to cope by not sitting around, by not falling on my sword, by getting up and putting things into action even when I have not felt like it, I have learned to hug and cry out of frustration rather than kick and scream, I have learned so much ... and you know what? It feels so good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5959 Hours: 3

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Jeanigirl, you are the winner! I had that gut feeling about you and your quit from when you first posted here at SSC. Feels great to be right about someone. Keep on kickin' ash girl! Right now I just have to keep myself from falling into the hole of 'doom & gloom'. I have to keep myself in a place of being thankful for the blessings that we do have. I can't concentrate on what we don't have. I can't. Please help me to not go there guys. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Luna, I know what you mean about looking back at things and I hope that this will be one of those times as well. I am trying with all my might to keep the faith. --- Hey Shevie, My husband's quit is very secure. In fact I think he is doing even better than me. He didn't seek out any info, he didn't seek out any support, he has no desire to smoke at all. He is happy as can be about his quit and wishes he had decided to do this sooner; fear of it being so difficult/failure kept him from trying. His hardest thing so far is relearning how to deal with his emotions. But he is even making great strides with that. From week 3 to week 8 I really thought we were headed for divorce city. And we still have our moments. We are relearning how to deal with our emotions, which has us relearning how we communicate with each other. I sometimes wonder if we are a trigger for each other as well ... because we were each other's smoking buddy. And sometimes we didn't even talk if we were not smoking together ... because that was the only time we could get away from the kids! gah! --- Hi Marie, Thank you very much for you kind words. And congrats on your 40 smoke free days. Keep it up. That is really great! --- Hey CobenFan, I really appreciate the prayers. I am trying very hard to stay strong. I feel physically sick though. It seems like no matter how positive I try to stay at the moment ... I can't shake this horrible case of the 'nerves' I seem to have. I feel scared. I am trying to figure out what I am thinking that has me feeling scared. I am pretty sure it is the fact that I am responsible for 3 children. I don't think I would feel so scared if I didn't have kids. --- Hi Eve, I'm hanging in there girl. I'm really trying with all my might! Thank you for your kind words. --- I am not calling my friends and crying on the phone because I do not want my husband to hear me stressing out. I have to be strong for him right now. So anything that you guys post is greatly appreciated. I feel so sick right now. In this type of situation I would normally be smoking. I am not going to smoke, but besides talking about this ... I don't know what else to do with my feelings. I feel too sick to do anything else at the moment. Thanks for the
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I can't vent in real time right now as I do not want my husband to know I am feeling physically sick and what not. I need for him to feel very supported. If he is worrying about me that will just zap him of more energy. If he goes on a job interview tomorrow I see if I can catch you later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I have read about so many hardships today on this site. All of our hardships are real. But it matters not that I have it harder or easier than anyone else. What matters is that we use our hardships as excuses to smoke. Nicotine is a drug. Please tell me what drug solves problems? Drugs don't solve problems. Nicotine does not solve problems. If it did, smokers would not have any problems. If it did everyone would smoke and we'd have world peace. Thank you so much for your thoughts Josie. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Lady. Your compassion is so very much appreciated. And you are so right. When one door closes another one opens. It is so very important that we are not all negative and looking down at the ground as we walk through life. Because if we are, we probably won't see the doors of opportunity that are opening for us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Rusty! I sure appreciate it, as I am hurting very much right now. Let me fix this type-o ... lol [quote]What matters is that we use our hardships as excuses to smoke.[/quote] What matters is that we DO NOT use our hardships as excuses to smoke. Oh Nicodemon and how he likes to sneak up on you. See how the subconscious works? I don't think that type-o is a mistake. It is things like this that make me strongly believe how very important it is for us to be careful of the words we decide to speak to ourselves. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Well, this is it. The company that bought the company my husband works eliminated my husband's job position. Today they officially got rid of him. No money coming in for a family of 5. Good thing I don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Just about all of my friends come from a much different background than I; they've never smoked either and even though they mean well ... they just don't really 'understand' fully. It helps to vent to people that understand. It helps to talk to ex-smokers. I appreciate the support. I really do. Thanks guys. I will keep marching to a happy beat. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/8489yks8pjr5p4.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Well, nothing has come up and the bills have now gotten overwhelming. I had to go to the DES office and apply for health care, child care and food stamp assistance yesterday. I cried almost all day. The waiting room was filled with people and their children. My two boys were in school. I had my 2 yr old with me, who talks a lot. People were in there cussing like sailors and they looked 'dirty'. I was afraid to ask them to watch their mouth as they looked like the type that would pull a gun out and blast the whole place. It was a horrible experience. It is hard to accept that my husband has an MBA and is almost done with his second BA and we can't support our family. We are worse off now that he has finished college than before he started college. And now we have all these college loans that we can't afford to pay. I have to just accept that we are where we are. If I don't I won't be able to keep putting one foot in front of the other. If I don't I'll stop in my tracks and fall on my own sword. And we can't be having that now, can we. *flush* That was the sound of my pity pot flushing. Thanks for listening. Thank you so much for you posts of encouragement ... they really helped to turn my frown upside down. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,530.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: