Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Do I think too much?

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, Stay strong, quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for yourself. You have made that decision to a healthier lifestyle, make a plan and stick to it. Stay close to the site, we are all here for you each step of the way. Take Care, Melanie ________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 402 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The answer to the title of your post is yes. Bend over.............. Now just stop smoking. Brent (sorry if it was too complicated)
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No Brentw1 got that loud and clear...I got the mark to prove it... I just went through a majorly stressful day at work. I'm exhausted. I also find myself saying "to heck with this I quit!" Usually it's "to heck with it I'll smoke" I don't want to smoke and I'm not doing it. They are all gone...over and done. The canyon is just to big to jump back across now. It's not so bad over here...not smoking is OK. Tennielle
First off I want to thank Joe "golferman" for his reply to my post yesterday that pointed me to a post about slipping and quitting and what it all means. Second I need a real hard kick in the Butt! (to put it mildly) I was OK and then I got all Freaked out! The whole thing of not smoking scares the crap out of me and the whole thing of dieing young (actually who knows when) from smoking scares the crap out of me. I got one foot on the foothills of quitting and one foot on the foothills of smoking and a huge gaping canyon in between. The gap keeps getting wider, but I still have an awful time letting go of one or the other. Is that not idiotic? I mean I eat right, I buckle my seatbelt...yet I smoke? Talk about STUPID! And this just makes me so mad! I've been at this quitting/smoking yo-yo for a year. I feel almost like I'd be better off jumping into the canyon and seeing if I survive the fall.... Tennielle
I wonder sometimes if I had tried to quit without doing all the research and finding about that this is an addiction (the bad pictures that word puts in my head) and what withdrawel is like and knowing all the ways to quit and knowing that not all quits are alike and sometimes for some people that it takes a few tries to quit for good and that relapse is possible (and has happened) even after months and years of cessation and knowing why people smoke and what nicotine does to us positively and negatively..... That without all that I would just quit smoking and think "hey that was easy" and walk on. My brain is a muddle of extensive research into this addiction, and quitting. I am an educated addict...a fool...scared to death by my own knowledge. A paradox all the same. Tennielle
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just don't smoke. It is that easy. One cigarette is too many and one thousand is not enough. NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $970 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, You're not an idiot... you're an addict like the rest of us. It's hard to go to the other side of the canyon, but it's definitely worth it. The grass really is greener over here! It sounds like what you need to do is list all of the positive benefits from quitting... better health, not stinking, saving money, better sense of smell, better sense of taste, not having to stand out in the cold/rain/ice/snow/etc... make a list. Then, on the other side, list all of the good things about smoking. You will see that there are WAAAAAAY more good things about quitting... I can't think of one single GOOD reason to smoke. Tennielle, quitting will give you freedom unlike any other! It's absolutely amazing! [quote] The whole thing of not smoking scares the crap out of me [/quote] Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing you think you cannot do." I love that quote because it's all about facing your fears. You become such a better person when you face your fears. You become a stronger and more confident person and you will absolutely amaze yourself with the things you are able to do if you only believe in yourself! I believe that you CAN quit. Do you? Do you really want to? I really and truly hope that you finally quit for good, but you're the only one who can make that decision. What's it going to be? Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, It sounds like right now, you're quit is in your head... you've thought it out, analyzed EVERYTHING and have strategized. Now, let your quit sink down into your heart. WANT your quit, and more importantly, LOVE your quit. It's good to think about it to a certain point, but then you have to start really wanting the quit and loving it. Once you do that, you won't have this problem of thinking too much about it because you'll just do it because you love your quit. Smoggone's strategy is perfect. Just don't smoke. Do that and you'll be fine. I hope that soon, the quit will sink down into your heart where it belongs. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again, Tennielle (just responded to your other thread). Had a boss that once told me "Don't think! You'll weaken the team." :8o: Sounds like all your knowledge is giving ammunition to your addiction, fueling the junkie thinking that's keeping you from quitting. Paralysis by analysis. Smoggone just summed up the true secret to a successful quit. Don't smoke. Do not put a cigarette in your mouth, do not light it, do not take a drag, do not inhale. Do not smoke. No thinking, no analysis, no questioning, no pondering, no second guessing, no smoking. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $969 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: