Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

We're here, and we're FEB-U-LOUS!!!

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm still hanging in here. It's so weird, I had cravings last night like someone (Nic) came up behind me, grabbed my arm, twisted up behind my back and kept saying, "You give in!!? You give in!!? Had enough yet, hussy!!?" LOL Strange thing is, this morning the cravings haven't hit. I'm having some urges now that I've been up for a while but not those "OOhh My God!!" cravings that I had last night. This 60 Day "bump in the road" really bites a big one. I was driving way too fast when I hit that speed bump and bottomed out my underside. Legend, are you still hanging in there? Vent all you want to until that demon backs off. Have a good "coniption fit" if need be. Do guys have coniptions or are they just a gal thing? Hmmm. :confuse: Quilt, how's the 60 Day mark treating you? Congratulations of those 60 HUGE days!!!! You're doing a great job. Get out there and enjoy that weather today. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,856 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $226.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Legend, I think Changing is away for the weekend - no access to a computer til she gets back. The rest of us are here and venting, so at least we're not smoking. What is this "60 day bump"? Guess these little speed bump locations are on a need-to-know basis. Keeps us checking in, too. All in all a good thing. Yeah, a few times recently I've gotten a real urge. Damn insidious addiction! Absolutely refuse to act on those urges, but it doesn't make them easier... Don't know about everyone else, but the weather up here is pure paradise today!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,087 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, guys, what is going on here? Changing's gone, Tutti's having coniption fits, MomMom's singing the skeeter blues. The combination of being around the 60 day mark and the change in weather seems to have hit us all. What I'm fighting right now is getting too cocky (story of my life, that. Check out my screen name, for example). Like MomMom, I'm thinking I got this licked now, I can just have one to shut the monkey up for a few minutes. Yeah, right. I am in many ways a good guy, but I'm also an addict. I can't ever let myself forget that. I am an addict and I can't ever have another cigarette. Or cigar. Or pipe. Delivery system is different, but what it's delivering is the same: Death. Sorry if I'm a little cranky, but the demon woke me up early. Tutti, hope you made it past the Crappy Crave last night. MomMom, on the bright side, at least you're on a road trip! Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Tutti, sorry I missed the party. Hope you made it through ok, actually I know you made it through ok, because you have all the skills. It just really sucks sometimes, I've been through those too. Sneaks up from behind, then WHAM, hits you across the head, and next thing you know you're thinking ok, just one, that would be ok. It isn't ok. You can't have just one. None of us can. And, Tutti, you are a far, far better person without the smoke than you are with it. You've been through enough of these. Breathe deep, read, post, you know it will go away. It always does. And you've won once again. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Holy Crap!!!!! Big cravings...Big, Big, Big cravings. UGGHHHHH!!!! This bites a big one!!! Sucks..really, really sucks. Okay, I vented a little bit. I swear, I think Old Nic carries a big a** knife and wears a ski mask. :8o: Right now he's chasing me through the woods. But, I'm a whole lot more sure footed than those women in horror movies who run about 8 paces and fall down. Phfft!! Send me good thoughts!! I sure need 'em. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Sun! There's sun! There's sun, AND it's 60 degrees out! It's almost impossible to not smile today. Add to that our Feb-U-Lous February quitters. Some with 60 days or more (Hi CallMeMomMom, Whynot, Tutti) and the rest of us closing in fast - woohoo! Have an incredible weekend everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh yes... this beautiful, beautiful weather! I love to see the sun shinning the the sky a light, bight blue. It is definatly time to enjoy some nicer weather! The kids have even been outside all afternoon. :) Hope everyone else is enjoying some beautiful springtime weather! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some people just hate it when they have to go to page 2 to find us! So here we are on page one again! I am still smoke free and loving it! Got a touch of the 60 day thing, nothing serious, just more thoughts than usual. Weaning from Chantix...(mainly because I feel so good I forget to take it). Springtime is here in PA, at least for this weekend! Get out and enjoy it everyone (especially you, Legend, yard work is calling you, I can hear it). Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,968 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Hiya, Quilt. Glad to know that you're still doing well and staying smoke-free. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Yes we are. Feb-u-lously smoke free. Just checking in and saying hello. Hope you feel a little better when you wake up Nurse. This rain has been relentless. At least the nor'easter winds only lasted a couple of days. Looking forward to sunshine and highs in the 50s this weekend, woo-hoo!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: