Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I did a Week!!

17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JT - Thanks. I should say hubby is doing great too. We already started looking at prices, etc. We figured between us we are saving about $70 a week right now, so we should get to Italy in no time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$327,074.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks everyone. You have all been a god send. Just reading all the stories and milestones you have acheived has made me feel stronger. In a way I feel bad that I'm not finding it harder. Does that sound weird?? I huess my whole attitude to everything has changed recently. Sunshine - Panic attacks suck don't they?? Believe me I fully intend to get over them. I'm glad to hear you are doing so too. Honestly driving is scarier than quitting smoking. Only just though :) Anna, DJ, Jan et al. Thanks for your support. Its making this journey a whole lot easier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$327,074.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Just giving myself a little kudos! I've started working out and I've drunk more water this week than I have in the last year. I feel great. Another little victory this week. I suffer with anxiety and depression including the worst phobia of driving, which has left me pretty much housebound for a year. Well, feeling emboldened (sp?) by my quit I called a driving instructor and I have a driving lesson for next Tuesday. How am I going to do it without having a panic attack? Everyhing I've done this week to quit smoking. Its funny but this is the calmest I have felt since all my anxiety problems started. Reward? Hair cut tomorrow. And at the end of the month I'm going to get my teeth whitened. If anyone is out there lurking thinking about quitting (like I did for ages) join this site right now and DO IT!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$327,074.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Stressybessy you made it through H_LL week. I know it was not always easy, but you did it. Hopefully week two will be easier. I know that is was for me. Just think you are one week closer to Italy. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 478 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wanted to ask about Hubby, but didn't. Tell him that we are very proud of him too. The two of you should carry a picture of Italy around with you. I know that would take my mind off any craving. Keep up the great work and keep in touch. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing so good! Congrats with everything. I was more calm , and remain more calm, since I quit smoking. It is the strangest thing. I am chucking it up to the stimulant in nicotine. Any way - great rewards for yourself. You deserve them. Keep up with the positive quit! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you! You not only got through hell week but started working out, drinking lots of water and going for driving lessons? That is wonderful! You are doing great things for yourself. By the way, my reward was a haircut at my 2 week milestone! My teeth started getting whitened the first week! Guess we think alike huh? Keep up the good work. Joyce [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danni: You ARE a star, no doubt about it! You should be SO proud of yourself for all you've accomplished in this past week -- truly amazing! I've had panic attacks, although not for several years now, but I know how frightening it can be. Mine were apparently associated with the longest menopause on record (ok, it only seems that way). Are you at that delicate age? Or are you a young chick with many miles still to go? I'm so proud of you for the steps you're taking -- it's very bold of you to challenge yourself with things that had been so stressful for you, especially while you're quitting smoking. You're amazing! Go get 'em, girl! Keep us posted, ok? Hugs from here -- keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/Trailbum/ththApplause.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,946 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you StressyBessy!!! You are doing great. One week smoke free and you're going to take driving lessons. It feels good to take control again. Haircut? Oh you reminded me, I need to make an appointment for that. Maybe that'll be my reward. Get my teeth cleaned next week. Quitting does have its perks, doesn't it? Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: