Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Smober Roll Call!

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you are back, OOF, and healthy. You were one of my mentors (unbeknownst to you).....I was blown away when you started smoking again....but, not entirely surprised, knowing your story. I, too, have had my heart broken several (read many) times!!!!! We smobers are tough and committed and, uhhhh, *grounded* as some would say. I say GOOD ON US.....WE ARE THE BOMB!!!! :) ;) NOPERS, SG/Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 456 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am a Cold Turkey & I don't care. I am a Cold Turkey & I don't care. Cold Turkeys don't do it anymore, anywhere! It may not be prose but it rhymes; SO THERE! I never joined the Smobers but I fondly remember when you all came up w/the name, shortly after I started @ the site. So, it's a reminder for me back to the strange days indeed of my early Quit. You Smobers are an impressive group. Congrats to all! (I've been tempted to try the same thing w/the FAFreaks but I'd be crushed if no one responded. So I'll live vicariously thru your club, if that's okay.) Signed, Cold Turkey Sam'ich mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 405 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,082 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] if you're afraid that nobody will respond, just do what Lady did... send us all emails and coerce us into posting our stats [/quote] WOW .. Lady sent everyone an Email :gasp: And I though I wuz her special friend :quest: Great to see you all anyway .. now who is going to email N2K ..and coerce her into jokiN with us smobers :p Dont worry Lady you are still special to me :)
17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its been a while since I looked to see my stats Its been a while since I looked to see my stats Oh� Im still not smoking.. � I am only looking It�s been a while since I ticked the box to see my stats I never was much of a poet .. :blush: But I can whistle the tune for ya :gasp: Great to see you Lady and Sweetpea ..who else ? ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 490 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,801 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 81 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smobers I am glad to see you all are still hanginging in there. Hi there Lady. Whenever I get that nagging thought and I do for about a second or so I remind myself of the coughing at night, the nasty stuff that I expelled from my lungs each morning, the shortness of breath when I swam or ran, and after quitting the smell. It is good to be a Smober. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 471 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2260.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 76 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 473 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1655.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Peanut is over 500 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you Peanut??????? :) Show us that :) Congratulations on leading the smobers to the 500 day mark! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 474 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1659 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
We get pushed down so quickly. Come on Smobers! Tell us how you enjoy your freedom! :) Actually, I'm just kind of missing all my old friends and want to say hello to everyone ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 474 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1659 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Well Smobers, it has been a while. Time for a check in. The Smobers are proudly marching their way to 500 days! All of us will be there really soon. Peanut is leading the way and the rest of us will follow. Where are you Smobers! Let's strut those stats. Show everyone what the best quitters in the world look like. If you're Smober and you know it post your stats! If you're Smober and you know it post your stats! If you're Smober and you know it then your quit will surely show it! If you're Smober and you know it post your stats! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 465 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1627.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
:blush: Shhhh.... Smoggs, don't tell anyone. I emailed you.... Alone .... last night. I sent everyone else a group email. So see, you are special. You will always be my Mayor and I your Lady :gasp: ;p It's great to see everyone. Maybe I should email more often. :p MC... you definately fit in this group. You are my fellow cold turkey around here. Where is N2K Anyway????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 466 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1631 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: