Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Life is a ......BEACH

18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrualations! Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Karen... I'm coming in late, but my congrats to you girl. You sound sooooo happy... that is way too cool! Thanks for your posts, your help is always welcome. Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $411.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Josie, N2K, Polly,Pinktoemails,ladybugg,golferman ans Shevie. Thanks so much for celebrating with me yesterday. You are all so great to think of me. Sunshine.....as usual....your soul is like a hug, so sweet and giving, thanks! Island girl....I just know your my kind. I just get an awesome vibe. How can not smile when I say the word island! Thanks for your awesome words. Phillip, I ALWAYS relate to you. I am like HEY get out of my head!! Sometimes I will be feeling down or challenged or jonsing and I come to the board and ther you are! I don't even have to write in, I steal all your replys...so thanks! Thanks everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Dear Treasured co quitters Is it ok to drink and post??? After all, you guys are the reason I am happy and �happhappphappy� tonite. Today I have been smoke free for 100 days!! Today I spent the day at the beach�.. literally, as I am lucky enough to live on the coast of South Florida. Yes I had a few. And girls let me tell ya Cabana boys do not bring you Kool-Aid! I have planned on this day for a while thanks to you guys and rewards. I also planned on a ride home. Thanks soooo much for such an awesome day!! 100 days��.This just blows my mind! 200 days ago.....if you would have told me hey�..in 100 days you will be a nonsmoker and in 200 days you will be HAPPY and REJOICE that you are non smoker, I would have said��did you take your meds today? 200 days ago I was committed to NEVER quitting. I came to SSC with a quit plan and guys reached out to me, trusted me and cared enough to help me make this happen. As in trust, I mean you believed in me and my commitment to this quit journey, therefore you committed yourself to helping me get the tools and support I have needed to succeed. For that I am eternally grateful! You have helped save my life. For 34 years I hid every single human emotion behind smoking. When I was happy I smoked, when I was sad I smoked. When I wanted to cry, I smoked. Stressed, smoke, Celebrate, smoke. My brain absolutely rewarded and compensated depression emotions with nicotine. With help from you guys, I am now retraining my brain to feel happy and sad without the nicotine drug and it has not been easy, but doable. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to beat this NICO DEMON, or at least deal with it on a daily basis. (And I want to thank the academy, my producers and make up staff) LOL am I getting ridiculous?? I never never never thought I would be able to do this. I always pictured my future smoking from a hole in my throat, or with an oxygen tank. My SSC co quitters���.. you my friends, are going to heaven�..NO DOUBT��.I know��.the voices told me so. With Deep Respect and Love Karen (Come on�. how can I not love you guys) ? sorry this was long winded....I don't talk much....but when I do I guess its too much! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Qui
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karen, You are amazing... And I so appreciate you, dear one. CONGRATULATIONS:) I will see you at the beach soon! [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/animatedmm.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/animatedmm.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $316.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Karen - Their waiting for your to have your party at the BEACH! They have the food and drinks waiting - go check in now that you have jumped ship off the cruise! Can't wait to get there myself! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 795 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $158 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,112.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5863 Hours: 16

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen - I noticed that you have jumped ship and are now at the Beach! I'm so happy for you. You amaze me with your insight and support every day! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 794 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $158 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,112.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5863 Hours: 16

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ItsIronic, Congratulations my friend, 100 days is something to be proud of and it sounds like you are. I love your reward, I wish I lived close enough to the beach so I could go when I wanted to. I find the beach so relaxing just to hear the tide coming and going and hearing the waves breaking. We have been waiting for you at the beach, there is a big celebration going on for you. So hurry up and get over here. I too am so happy that we both found SSC. Its a great site to come to and learn and try to help each other. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$230,055.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6400 Hours: 5

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Karen I totally relate to this post. Cabana Boys or not and [quote] My brain absolutely rewarded and compensated depression emotions with nicotine. With help from you guys, I am now retraining my brain to feel happy and sad without the nicotine drug and it has not been easy, but doable. [/quote] This is so important to me and it is so challenging and so very doable. Thanks Glad to find relatedness here. Enjoy the beach! Don't strain yourself playing ball and I hear the food is mighty fine. Run your toes through the sand and enjoy! You deserve every reward that you can dream up. Cheers Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,669 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $622.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What can I say that has not already been said? to go 100 days is such a fantastic achievement, wallow in all your glory for you have earned every accolade going. Well done does not seem words enough for getting this far but...........well done! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �237.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: