Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

checking in :-)

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done to everyone - some real challenges that were faced and defeated!  We also have a rotting old pack up on a shelf in the garage - it only has 6 cigs in it, but for some reason it's never really crossed our mind to get rid of it.  It doesn't bother me looking at it - maybe it just reinforces my quit, 'cause I can look at it and it makes me smile that Mr. J and I don't do that anymore.
Marivi - I hear you about the car.  I have a sports car that I drive only in the summer.  I uncovered it last spring and it reeked, because I was still smoking when we winterized it in the fall.  This spring is should smell like brand new!  Yah!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 455
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,100
Amount Saved: $3,458.00
Life Gained:
Days: 49 Hrs: 16 Mins: 14 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We all get 's for that........
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 65
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,950
Amount Saved: $273.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 14 Mins: 39 Seconds: 39

15 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for that suggestsion Sparky, I needed someone to tell me that...  I just went to my car pulled it out of the pack and crushed it down the toilet. Wow, that was empowering   

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 288
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,184
Amount Saved: $1,555.20
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 10 Mins: 37 Seconds: 16

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You should all feel proud of yourselves!
Keep up the great work,

Breanne
15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Sparky
That was a close call. And you should be proud of yourself!
Hey Bob, i used to smoke Marlboro lights too! And I found half a pack in one of my purses. This was last week. And I foun three lighters in the purse too!. I'm finding dozens of laighters lately! When I smoked I had to buy one almost every day because I couldn't find them! (lol)
    I have an almost new car; well it's a long story, but nowadays you just cant drive in a flashy car ; bad things can happen to you in Mexico. Well I decided I wanted to use it just for the day. It's an AudiQ7 V8 . Well I got into my sportsute and It smelled bad. I hate myself! It has only 2000 miles and it smells like someone smoked 1000 cartons of cigarrettes in it!
I will have it cleaned! Oh and I found two lighters there
Take care Sparky and Bob
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 68
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,020
Amount Saved: $102.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 19 Mins: 42 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron, do me a great big favor and take that thing and hold it over the toilet and crush it between your fingers and then flush it.  It won't help your anyone else.  It is just playing with your mind right now, be careful it can be very powerful.  You have the power, get rid of it now.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 50
Amount Saved: $10.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 20 Mins: 14 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This must be happening to all of us on Cig Tax Day.  I was trying to find my cell phone and was actually calling from my land line to hear where the phone was.  In the process I was reaching way behind my front seat of my car a place I don't frequent and oh my God I saw a pack of American Spirits with one cigarette left in the pack.  This is over 9 months old and I just stared at it.  I still have it and kind of know I need to crush it and throw it away. But my rambling mind thinks I should keep it to give it to some poor person at the local coffee shop who has to pay so much more money for these things. I also thought Wow all those times I craved during my quit there was this one right under my seat the whole time.   Yes, I know the nicodemon is playing with my mind. Good thing is today is pretty calm and I'm more in shock that I found it than wanting to smoke it.   I'm sure hoping I deal with this hot potato correctly and very soon.  Sparky good to tell us all, it's all helping..
Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 288
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,184
Amount Saved: $1,555.20
Life Gained:
Days: 44 Hrs: 10 Mins: 34 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yikes,,, good going Bob, no way I could have done that,,least I don`t think I could.
When I get a bad crave I always say,,,,the next person who comes along I am asking for a smoke..as if I would but when I tell myself that somehow I feel better.  whatever works right?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 166
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,150
Amount Saved: $1,328.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 12 Mins: 30 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Bob!!!  Now I know I am not crazy and that others do find cigarettes.  The test of those dam things can drive an insane person more insane LOL.  About 2 1/2 years ago I found 5 packs   Yes you are so right it does play with your mind A LOT!!  Good thing is we didn't have to smoke over it.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 50
Amount Saved: $10.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 20 Mins: 10 Seconds: 6

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel for you......I went to get gas in the truck yesterday......stopped at the pump....got out.....opened the gas door and swiped my card.....put the nozzle in the tank and set the auto shutoff.
Then looked around.....and looked down at the platform around the pumps.......a WHOLE PACK OF MARLBORO LIGHT 100's......exactly what I smoked......just laying there.
I was frozen til the pump shut off.....then I got out of there as fast as I could......but........the craves were unbelievable.
Still bad today......but I stayed stubborn and said N.O.P.E

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,920
Amount Saved: $268.80
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 13 Mins: 1 Seconds: 47

Reading this thread: