Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

This sucks every time! Help!!!!!!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi, if you're stuck at work right now, with no resources, do the deep breathing, it will help. Did you bring a straw or can you get a coffee stir stick to chew / suck on? Plan ahead for tomorrow and get some things for your crave basket or purse to tide you over for moments like this! Hang on to it girl! You're a quitter, I can tell! Breathe in the relaxation, breathe out the stress! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,914.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristilu, I use halls, gum, and ice Water. I have a stress ball and a Rock. I picked the rock up March 2, That is the day I quit. Every time feel a craving or hit a hard pach I rub my rock. I tell my self all the good reasons I quit ( I have them posted in my office and in my home incass I can not remember them at the time. This sonds kind of silly but it helps me. I come on here when I can but I have been away a lot, so not as much as I like. I talk to people, it seams to help when i tell someone eals. Stay Strong you can do it ;p I love your pic. The eagal is such an amazing brid. They mate for life rise there young till they are full grown, and have a very exiting sex life. (They free fall intill just before they hit the grown). I also read a lot it helps keep my mind off smoking You can do this, keep your Quit like your life depends on it. (because It does!) :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu, not sure what your weather is like, but I would walk, clear my head, take deep breaths, etc... Those Listerine Strips helped me, I am now addicted to them instead, and I would also brush my teeth, that clean minty feeling helped me. I suggest you get a jar, a BIG jar today from Michaels Craft Store, and every day or week put the money in there that you would have spent on cigs, watch it grow, then weekly take some out and spend it on yourself as a reward. Put this jar in a obvious place in your home, this will help validate your quit. Laminate your quit reasons, carry them in your purse where you kept your cigs. One of my very first rewards was a new purse that had never had cigs in it - important to remove those reminders. Put a jar of sour jelly bellies on your desk at work and pop them. Tell that junkie ***** to get lost, she had lost this battle. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 312 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $546.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Create a crave basket and get to filling it :) Use items for avoidance and coping techniques. Gum, candy, chew sticks, magazines, puzzles, cards. Come on members, let's help fill up that basket :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
on your break do some crossword or sudoko puzzles, have a Book to read. Look for a new recipe to cook for dinner. Remind Yourself you do not smoke, picture yourself on the beach, or in really nice clothes.. out having a nice time... and NO stinky smoke haze around you. hang on .....think of the junkie on a dunk tank.. and you have to hit the target and dunk him... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I am reminded as to how stupid it is to start back smoking once you've already quit. Who wants to go thru the first few days over and over and over!!! I have done well today so far, but I got aggravated here at work and now the junkie is after me. I have work to take down to the other shop for my husband, but I know he is probably smoking even though he said he wouldn't. So I'm stuck, sitting in this chair, because it's raining and I can't go anywhere!!!!!! Need distraction peoples! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: