Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Feeling stuck in negative thoughts ??????

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Ginette - Yah, week 2 was the weirdest for me so far. Just when I thought things were going ok - WHAM. I know we are all different but just be careful. The shortness of breath has been a big dilemma for me. It is one of the more direct physical aspects of this for me. Making myself breathe thru a straw has been a help on that one. Just keep on truckin ginette. Before long we will be old vets and Tresa, Bear, Unhooked, Sue in NC, Martha, Mary, and several of the others can take a break from assisting us newbies. Stay in touch and hang on to your WOOO-HOOO. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Moss for 24 days smoke free. That's just great. So the second week has surprises eh? I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm already having a hard time of it and it's only my 4th day. It's easing up a bit now tonight and I feel a bit relieved by it. When I get a craving I get short of breath and I have to remind myself to breathe deep and long. It's very exhausting to say the least. I fell asleep at 11:30 last night and got up after 9:00 in the morning. Slept in the afternoon...now I'm wired up. Hope I won't stay up late again tonight. Well, I'm really happy that you're on track Moss. Keep up the good work. Ginette [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$56,515.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 780 Hours: 4

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Mary, Day 11 for you today. Way to go! I can honestly say that things have gotten better the last week or so. Well; actually Monday sucked. Had the crave that wouldn't go to bed or even take a short nap. but Tuesday was a new day and a good one. I hope your experience is going alright. I found some pretty heavy emotional surprises in the second week so keep up your guard. On a side note Mary, how was this year for your garden? Are you a flower or veggee gardener? I had one of the best years ever for vegetables this year. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss I have to say It sounds like you are doing Great. I have to agree there are some awesome members here. ( Very helpful) Keep the quit. Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss Thanks for the good feed back. I know you get this, but I also know how hard it can be. We have relied on the addiction cycle for so long that once we try to end it, we find ourselves in a very empty place. We are a bit like cartoon characters for whom the animator has forgotten to draw the scenery. Well we need to pick up a pencil and start creating the story line and the scenery for ourselves. That takes imagination and a whole lot of internal will...I believe that you have both of those, you just need to go and do it... Keep writing here, and don't be afraid to put it here even if your thoughts are not stirring themes of inspiration. There is alot of sadness in this and a great deal of pain on many levels. But we must write a new story and I for one am happy that I have the chance to do so...I imagine that you just may be of a similar mind set... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 349 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,664.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$66,507.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1302 Hours: 9

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to hear you "smile" You are doing great!! Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 222 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Moss! It is a good day isn't it? I don't think I appreciated my days before I quit smoking. I just rushed around trying to juggle where I was, what I was doing, who I was with so I could smoke. My husband and I rarely did stuff together on the weekends then. Now we plan together what we are doing and he comes with me :) I love love love this. I am too busy living my life to think about smoking. I no longer fear going to the doctor, the dentist, I don't wheeze anymore, I don't cough when I lay down, I don't hack in the morning, my skin looks better, I smell great, and now I am inside where the action is instead of being outside looking in. Life is Good. So validate the positives of your quit, you should have some everyday. I love so many things about my quit, and recognizing them really helped me stay motivated at first. I don't crave now at all. It is a wonderful thing. xo Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 219 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $383.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Thank you Tom - I am happy, too. Today is a good day. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Moss!! When you can feel it, things start to turn. I can see you're on the mend and I'm happy for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,125.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Hi Nonic and good day to you. I can't tell you how important your insight and thoughts have been to me the last few weeks. Please stay with me on this journey. You have a gift and a way of hitting the bullseye with me. I promise to pay it forward. Aloha, I read the bump on Rewards. Thanks!! Hope you have a good weekend with your own Mossman. Also to Martha, Tresa, Mercy, Kelly, Lainey, Doodles, Stickin to it, Anna, 1939Bear, Sparky, Sue in NC, Danielle, and all of you who have helped me along so far. A HUGE Thanks. I am beginning to feel like a NON-smoker and I think I have seen a few glimpses of what you have all so eloquently shared. Gratitude - Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: