Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Don't speak if you haven't quit....

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaz - How's the new gluten-free diet going? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $149.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 8

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey jaz... omg!!! I know exactly what u are talking about!!! I have a friend who doesnt smoke, and never has..and she has the balls to tell me, its mind over matter, and that we arent physically addicted..only mentally!!! Obviously my friend is a RETARD!! LOL I know its soooo tough..but hang in there!!! congrats on the quit!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know what planet your sister lives on, but anywhere that someone can quit smoking in three days and be completely over the cravings... is a charmed place, for sure. Anyway, Jaz, as I'm sure you know... it really doesn't matter what she thinks... or if she thinks. All that matters is that you're in the groove; that you're doing this for you, whether people support you, whether they understand or not. This is one of those things that can work only one way and that's, "no matter what". You've made a decision to save your own life, and you can't let anyone or anything come between you and your committment to do that. If your sister's got it all wrong, don't worry about it. Life will probably straighten her out. Life does that. But if you need to talk to people who actually know the score, who know what it's like for you as you create this new life for yourself... we're right here. :) Day 5. Just live that. Live 'your' life, today. Because that's what this is all about; your life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $46.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If three days was all it took, we would all be in seventh heaven and a lot more smokers would have quit by now. You keep doing what you are doing, we all all behind you and together we can beat this thing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
whynot,my boyfriend is the same way. one day he will smoke ten cigs, the next day maybe 5 and some days maybe none. he can take it or leave it. i quit so he did the same and he says it doesn't bother him at all. it's not that it's extremely difficult for me now, but it sure is on my mind most of the time . i just feel lucky that i'm in control compared to the other times that i tried to quit. i know this time that i've really done it for good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 352 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry....I guess I needed to rant too.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I get you copletely. Only its hubby here. And he quit too. He stopped smoking 4 days after me and anytime I say anything about our quit his response is...Your still thinking about it? or Are you really still having cravings? It drives me nuts. I don't know how to get him to see that just because he has apparently had an easy time with this, I haven't. I don't get serious cravings, and I am sooo glad I quit, but I do still think about it. I was a smoker for to long to just quit and never think about it again. (We both smoked for 14 years) He even gives me a hard time when he sees me on here, or doing anything that may make me think about cigarettes. Being on this site, or talking about the quit, or anything reguarding cigarettes, is a sign that I am not doing well enough. On the road to failure. Or not as good at the quit as he is.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
hubby is like that too...if he says something....its right. Period. Arguing with him is like using your head to break a rock. The only thing you will walk away with is a headache. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic, I LOOOOOVE oatmeal! I now must learn to unlove it though. I can still have flax seeds, but have to wait a bit until I am further into the diet. Flax seeds are sooo yummy! I am saying goodbye to all of my favorite foods this week....I ate pizza last night...REAL pizza...mmmmm. I can still have gluten-free pizza, but it won't be the same...BIG SIGH! Tutti, I actually am lactose intolerant. However, they say that six months into the new diet, I can try including some dairy back in to see how I react. Once my intestines are healed, they may actually be able to break down the lactaise in milk. I really hope that is the case for me...but I am a bit skeptical. I do have very severe allergies, but milk is one of the only things I am NOT allergic too...so my fingers are crossed!!! I guess we really are in the same boat...as Celiacs is also an autoimmune disease. Actually, I was reading there are links with type1 diabetes and Celiacs. The beauty of all this though, is it's all coming at once....I've been doing alot of thinking regarding this. I have truely been given an opportunity to clean my mind, body and soul and to rid it of all harmful toxins. In my gut, I have a feeling that it is now or never. Of course I can always detox and heal no matter what age...but I feel like this may be the last time before any serious complications came from my bad habits. I have severe allergies and allergy and excersize enduced asthma...so smoking was the DUMBEST thing I could have ever done. Though when you are young and almost ALL your family smokes, you don't know any different. My family used to tell me to never smoke. My Mom grounded me for smoking...yet she would smoke IN FRONT of me! I understand now that she was only doing it in my best interest, but when you are 16, you don't get it...at least, I didn't get it. Do as I say and not as I do has NEVER worked for me...it made me want to do it to see why they were saying not to. Does that make sense? Now, had I been shown photos and graphic images of what smoking does to ones body, that could be a different story. But the past is the past, and I am here now, finally "getting" it! I am finally free.... How is everyone doing today? Are you feeling better Lookingg
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, unfortunately I have not yet noticed a correlation between the nictotine and the Celiacs. Last night I had some serious stomach issues because I have been overdoing it on Gluten Products....kinda like a final binge before going to rehab...and I learned, no more binging, cause I DO NOT want to feel that again! Diabetes is a tough thing...my father in law has type 2 as well...wait, he is the non-insulin dependant type....is that type 2? Changing, thank you so much!!!! After Monday, when I am no longer allowed to eat gluten, I will dive into the diet a bit more. Right now, I am trying to educate myself as much as possible regarding the disease. I am very lucky though that one of the major Celiac Disease researchers/doctor is only 45 minutes away from me.... Such a rainy day here....days like this I am SOOOOOO happy I am an ex-smoker. I can actually stay dry and warm!!!!! Love and Light to you all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: