Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Smoking dreams every night....

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had my first dream about cigs last night. I dreamed I was in some strange city and that someone stole my car. I had no money, no place to turn for help... but I had three cigarettes. I tried to smoke one but my lighter wouldn't work. Crap. I can't even light up in my dreams.
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, In past quits I had a few smoking dreams. Funny.. this time I haven't had any!! I wonder why? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Maybe there aren't any smoking dreams left in your head! LOL Loved Blazing Saddles! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaden, I do experience smoking dreams at times, but I expected to this early in my quit. I have very vivid dreams almost nightly...which I think are kind of fun! When I awaken from a smoking dream it takes me a while to realize it was a dream and that I still have my quit. Kind of a reinforcement, I think, that I am doing the right thing. Either that or I have completely lost my mind! I choose to think that it's reinforcement, just like I choose not to smoke. Keep going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey Reminds me Mel Brooks' movie, Blazing Saddles! :)
  • Quit Meter

$295,145.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 16

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaden Dreams belong to the realm of emotions and are the safety valves of our equilibrium. Instead of fighting them back why not trying to understand them. They are messages of our inner self and mostly are not as they appear at first glance. I, too, have dreamed of smoking since my quit! Sometimes they are frightening and sometimes they�re funny. I really don�t care for I�m sure that they�re part of my healing process. Please be patient with your beautiful and creative mind. :) take care mitri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$295,145.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 16

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I rarely remember my dreams the next morning but I did have one smoking dream. I can't give you the details because I can't remember the dream....just that I lit up in a dream. I woke up the next morning and was relieved that I still had my Quit going. Phew!! That's the only one I've had. Crap, I'd better knock on wood!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $89.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jaden, When I quit my first time for 10 yrs...cold-turkey... I experienced smoking dreams up to 3 yrs after. I would awake sometimes actually with a sore throat...but would be so relieved and happy that I had not touched a cigarett...it was just a dream. They eventually went away and never returned. I had my first dream (this quit) just two days ago. It was fleeting and I can not remember the details...just that it involved me smoking. It doesn't worry me and don't let it worry you either. It's part of the process to unload this deadly addiction. Keep the Quit!! auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $304 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hardly ever remember my dreams, but I had a cool one last night. A young Indian woman (feather not dot) was walking and had just lit a cigarette. I'm like, "COOL. I can bum one from her!" So I ask her if she has an extra (which I would never ever do in real life), and she's like, "I do, but I also have something better: I have your freedom, and I'll be happy to give that to you instead." The thing is, the cigarette was free, but the freedom was going to cost me sixty cents for the say, or a dollar for life. I had the dollar, so I gave it to her. Woke up just knowing that I wouldn't be fantasizing about bumming any smokes today, and I haven't been. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A lot of great replies... thanks fellow non-smokers. I guess it looks like I will need to live with them:-( Perhaps I should watch Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp movies right before bed and maybe I can add to my smoking dreams with a hot boy... perhaps we can share the ciggy's. LOL!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,024 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: