Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tutti. I actually just got some "me" time. This kids are a hand full. They are all excited because school is out for 11 days. Wish I could be excited. ;p We have some plans to stay busy though. Yes I am having major cravings. I think its more like I feel like I should be doing something and then it dawns on me that I'm thinking about smoking. Isn't that weird? After all these years of smoking I'm not sure what to do with my hands. My nerves have been shot lately. Everyone around me has a sinus infection. Must be that time of the year. I found this interesting poster on a cigarette. Check it out...Never mind it won't let me post it. But it was pretty neat. Take my word for it. hahaha Glad to see our stats are getting stronger. Getting along with my husband is easier than quitting smoking. And trust me that really means alot. lol I think its real neat that Easter will be smoke free here. Hubby is still smoking but not near as much. He is smoking more outside now plus he is working midnights. So I don't have to smell it as much. I still can't get over how bad it smells...Its really nasty. Take care and lets stay strong forever!! :) :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Porky, Where are you? We haven't heard from you for a while and I hope you're doing great. Your stats look great!! Okay, here we are getting close to 50 days and I have to ask, are you having any cravings tonight? I hope not BECAUSE I AM AND IT SUCKS!! LOL Girl, I've been so positive for a few days now but tonight, I'm getting slammed and dunked hard by that nicodemon. I'm drinking lots of water right now and chewing all of the flavor out of a piece of sugar free watermelon gum. I've been trying to ignore this too but I've read a lot of posts where some members have developed a major sinus infection. I don't know if mine is from my Quit or from the oak trees pollinating right now. At any rate, I have a nasty sinus infection with a bad headache. Let's compare notes to see if we're still in sink. I miss hearing from you. I know what you mean though with the computer being a trigger. That's one I had to overcome. Well, I'm a lot better here at the computer but I still have times when I crave. I hope you're having a good time with the grandbabies on Spring break. I really hope you're hanging in there and staying strong. If you get a chance, drop me a line. Okay? Stay Strong With Me, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, Porky and Changing, Back together again! Quit buddies make this quitting thing a lot easier. I wondered too Porky, if the Easter Bunny just up and grabbed you! Glad your back, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $837 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now everything feels right in the world! So glad to know the old gang is still together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $331.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Porky......Porky who? Sounds familiar. ;p Heya Porky!! I did think that Easter Bunny nabbed you. I thought I was going to have to write him a strongly worded letter. LOL It sounds like you had a great time with your family there and so proud of you. I'm so happy for you. You're doing such a great job and look at that meter!! Have the cravings eased off for you? Girl, we go together like biscuits and gravy because we sound just a like. I've always been little too but NOT now. I've put on 8 lbs. since I quit. I'm the youngest of 6 kids. One brother and myself are the only ones who are thin. Today I walked all over the stores in town for about 3 hours and you know, I'll lose weight from that. Walking really does me a lot of good. Normally, it's nice and warm here by now but we're having some strange weather here in Texas. It actually sleeted here on Easter Sunday and it's still pretty chilly. I'll be glad when it warms up so that walking is actually a pleasure. I can't wait until you're able to walk for longer periods of time. I know you can't either and whatever weight you've gained will come off as soon as you're able to take in more exercise. I'm so glad you had a nice time with your grandkids. I can't wait to get one of those!! ha ha ha ha My grandbaby is due in November and I just can't wait. I bought my daughter two maternity tops today. She doesn't need them yet because she's only 8 weeks along but I couldn't wait. They're so cute but I'm totally lost on those pants. What happened to the panel that covers the whole tummy? Now the mother to be wears her pants down really low with her tummy hanging over the top of the pants. Is that just way too tacky or what? I just bought tops. I'll leave those pants up to my daughter to decide on. LOL Okay girl, I'm so glad you checked in and so happy to see those stats you have going there. You're doing super. Stay Strong with Me, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,501 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Porky, Welcome back! Nice to see you standing strong in your quit. If you need tips on weight gain, be sure to tour our forum and weight gain and quitting. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, Porky! Good to seeya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 986 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys.Did you think the Easter Bunny might have snatched me up? lol I could only wish he would've. I think spring break was as bad as hell week. Don't get me wrong I love them grandkids but geez they wore me out....I wouldn't have time to smoke even if I had wanted to. My family was amazed that I did it. Although they watched me like a hawk to see if I would sneak outside. At one point I did go outside just to get their reactions ;p I actually believe they thought they would "catch me". I had some major laughs that day. Of course the fat jokes were there all day long. I even watched what I was eating so I wasn't the butt of the jokes again. I come from a thin family and I have been thin all my life. After sitting on my butt with this back injury and the surgery and quitting smoking yes I have gained weight. I hope to be released on Tuesday. Then I can worry about the weight gain.lol For the first time in my life I have a butt. lmao Girls, tell me why the weight gain goes to the face,the belly and the butt???? Ok enough about weight. Everybody's stats are looking real good. I'm treating myself to a night alone tonight. Right now thats the only treat I want.. Take care everyone. I missed you to Changing. Thanks for your concern... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $648 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti & Porky - I miss you guys! Please check in! :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A real smokin' album... from the Febulous Quitters. Oops, wrong thread. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $335.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: