Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi to everyone. The doctor says I am fine. He has no clue why I am retaining fluids. I'm on a water pill now and feeling better. The Chantrix has helped alot. The cravings are down to hardly anything. Still pretty grouchy alot. Tutti---We were worried about you. Glad you're back. Has anyone else thought that all their food taste really salty now? Some food I can't stand now cause of the taste. Gotta go. Everybodys stats are looking really good. Terri :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti I was looking everywhere for you! Nice to have you back! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1212.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Porky and Changing, I'm sorry I've been out of pocket for so long. My Mom's hip has been out and I've been taking care of her. It was so sweet of you two to miss me!! Look at our meters!! Can you believe this? Porky, give me all of the news from your doctor. Okay? I'm so glad to read that your chest x ray came out so good. But has the doctor found out why your retaining water yet? Do I need to write him a strongly worded letter? ha ha ha ha Porky, congratulations on your ONE month quit!!! I'm so sorry I wasn't around to congratulate you. Girl, you're doing a wonderful job. Changing, you keep that positive attitude going there, okay? I'm so glad to hear that your friends are doing so well. You're at your 30 Day mark too. Yee Hah!!! Congratulations to you too. Just look at how far we've all come. Any cravings? This is a weird thing to go through, isn't it? Those cravings come and go with some more severe than others. Don't you both look forward to the time when we won't have to worry about ever craving again for the rest of our lives? ha ha ha It'll happen. I know this, we can't and won't start over now. I'm thinking it's time for a huge reward. Have you noticed any big changes since your quit? Guys, I'm not coughing at all and my voice is so clear now. I'm starting to feel more energetic too. We may feel some of that 30 Day slump. I know I've felt it a little bit but, I know what it is. We'll get through that too, huh? Yep, we will. You two write and let me know how you're doing. Okay? I've really missed you guys. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, it's time for you to check in my friends! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Happy Monday everyone. Terri - what did your family say about the new smoke-free you? How is everyone else? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys!!! Starting my Easter smoke free and feeling very proud. Wait until my family sees me now. lol Probably they will say congrats first and then hide the candy so I don't eat it all. hahaha Hope each and everyone of you have a GREAT EASTER!!! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
ToeKnee - I know how hard it is. But, look at your Quit Meter - you've said "NO!" to 108 cigarettes - so next time you have a craving, just ask yourself, "Can I say NO! to just this one cigarette...I've done it 108 times, can I do it for a 109th time?". And - you are almost done with Hell Week - that's HUGE! Keep posting - we are all here for each other! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tough for me today too. This is the first day I don't have to go to work on my quit. I wanted to go out and have a cigarette really bad this morning. I started cleaning my kitchen instead. Then I decided to log on to read and get some incentive. It really does help. I have a suspicion that I would feel sick if I snuck a puff or two so I am fighting it like a monster. I'll have to switch my name to draggin slayer after this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
:) A nice way to start the morning...logging in & seeing Porky's post. I think I'm getting clingy or needy or smothering or something, but when one of my SSC friends goes MIA for a few days, I get really worried! Anyway, glad the gang is still intact! Tutti - just an FYI - I've been having some of those sinus headaches lately - and this is something I've never had before! I don't know if it's the quit or the weather - but you're in good company (or crazy company!)! I'm hoping everyone is feeling better today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Porky, I cannot WAIT for these cravings to leave. I think they're worse because we smoked a lot and for so long. I think shooting myself int he foot would be easier than quitting smoking. ;p This is really, really hard. The thing is, you never know what each day will be like. You may have horrible cravings or you may have a craving that's more like a passing thought. I've been so positive the last few days but tonight, BAM, SLAM, WHAM, SMACK, POW (Batman and Robin stuff there. lol) Ew, are that business of reaching out to pick up a cigarette that's not even there. This is sooo weird. I wish we lived closer together. We could do some stuff to stay really, really busy. We could cry. ha ha ha ha We'll stay strong forever. Man, we didn't come this far to turn back now. Hey, let's get positive real quick. Let's list three changes that we feel since we quit smoking. (Uhh, I don't mean the bad stuff...side effects. LOL) Then we can compare our notes and see if we feel the positive things from each other's list. I can breathe so much better. I feel physically stronger My voice is a lot clearer Okay Porky, you list three things now. Okay? Stay Strong and Keep the Quit, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168.73 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: