Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haven't heard from Tutti in a while??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 9

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Porky - I feel exactely the same way and am also "trying the hardest I have ever tried". The bottom line is - we ARE doing this - just look at our Quit Meters - they're both going up! And you my friend are about to celebrate your 1 month - HOLY COW!!! I hope you do something extra nice for yourself - you truly deserve it. I'm feeling soooo lazy, but, my attitude/mood has actually been much better the past 2 days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 852 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Changing Believe it or not I still haven't heard from the doctor..I'm going to call him tomorrow I guess. Must not be bad news though. I sure could use the water pill :) Exercising is alot like quitting smoking. You have to make it happen. I'm not real big into lots of exercises but I did do crunches,treadmill and lots of walking. I'm looking forward to that again. Or maybe I just want to cause I know I can't yet ;p I have been feeling real lazy too. I sleep as often as I can. Takes all my energy to walk to the mail box. Then I am still grouchy as a bear. Hmmm-maybe thats why nobody calls me much. Hang in there. We are getting there. Won't be to long before we have a real great day. Right?? Please say yes even if you don't think so. Stay strong. I'm trying the hardest I have ever tried... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,301 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Thanks Stormy - I new I could count on an old-timer (quit-wise) to help me out! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(is secretly stringing a rope close to the floor) :eg: Hope it works Changing, because this is, after all, your wish. Here goes!! Hope your smoking memories vanish! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 261 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,091 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $978.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Yea - so happy to hear from Terri! Terri - it sounds like next week is going to be very "active" in your household - "spring break" for the kids is "spring no-break" for the adults! Hang in there! Tutti - your post was right on! This whole "re-learning" thing is quite a challenge. I'm constantly feeling like something is missing and/or I get an urgent feeling: "I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!" Then I realize that the "something" is smoking. Takes me a minute to recognize this as a craving, remind myself that I don't smoke - it's not an option, and then move on. And, we all have the proof that we can handle cravings - we've been there done that! You know what would be great....if I could trip, fall down and hit my head & pass out (without feeling any pain of course and not sustaining any other injuries), and wake up with partial amnesia but otherwise perfectly healthy and painfree. The "partial amnesia" would only block out one memory - I would have no memory of ever smoking! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Terri, Good to hear from you and I'm so glad that you're still going strong. I just read a post by Serenity and this is what she said in one paragraph: Somewhere around the 100 days, something changed, another change, another progression and it all felt way easier again. How simple, compared to those days of angst. You keep on putting one foot in front of the other. There are many things to be faced, many challenges - both major and minor, to be dealt with, learned from and about, and fought through if need be. But it isn't about smoking. It's about dealing with all of those WITHOUT smoking, because that's what you wanted to do. Learn to live life as a non-smoker. Here's another paragraph from Serenity's post: Over the weekend, I had some quite strong craves again and couldn't figure out why. And then realised, I spent the weekend decorating. First time smoke free. In the past, I would have spent the weekend painting, then going out resting with a smoke, then back in painting, then back out for a smoke. One more "new" step to take. One more thing to do as the non-smoking me. That really hit home with me. I really think we are having to learn how to handle all sorts of things without smoking now. I think that's where I'm getting mixed up at times. I've been thinking that I WANT to smoke but that's not it, I'm trying to learn how to do so many things without smoking. Let me know what you think about that? You too Changing. I thought Serenity's post was great. I know it makes me feel better. We'll just keep taking it one day at a time with one foot in front of the other. All For One and One For All, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello!!! I'm still here. Just been really busy. Plus I seem to really have lots of cravings when I'm at the computer..Not to mention the grandkids driving me crazy. lol But I'm loving every minute of it. They start their spring break this Friday. I'm gonna need lots of help getting through that :8o: I am very proud though. This is the longest I have ever went without a smoke. I can't wait to brag at my moms house on Easter.. Everyones stats are looking real good. Keep up the good work. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Changing, I haven't heard from Porky but she may be busy taking care of her grandaughter. It may be spring break where she lives. It's over with here in Texas but spring break is at different times in other states. I do wish she'd post a quick note and let us know how she's doing. Hear that Porky?!!!! LOL HEEELLLOOOOoooooo!! ;p Stay Strong With Me!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Has anyone heard from Porky? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: