Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Does anyone else....

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just feel like not doing anything? On one hand, I want to keep busy around the house to keep my mind occupied, but on the other, I find that I don't want to be around anyone these first few days of my quit. I know that I'm edgy and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Plus I want to smoke whenever I go outside (I don't smoke inside). I find that I just want to crawl in bed and sleep away the withdrawal symptoms! Dos anyone else feel this? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this quit is cold turkey, I'm about 33 hours into the quit. Hopefully after 3 days much of these feelings will begin to subside. I feel half crazy right now!!
Thanks for all the helpful support. It's good to know I'm not the only one who is feeling this way. I feel so stinking lazy! Anyhow, I just made it through a smoke-free night at work. I think I'll hibernate now!! Thanks again and I wish us all successful quits [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fresh, Sleep is good...and so is escaping by watching movies. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing good. Give yourself some credit for your strength to even come this far. Do whatever you feel like doing. Drink lots of water to help flush out that nicotine. The rewards are worth a good try! One other thing that helped me was reading about the effects of nicotine on the body and what happens to your body when you quit. There are lots of resources on the internet. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Yeagh.... Naps are good! Reading is good too! (I felt the same way "just let me sleeeeeeep", I dont' want to deal with anything else) Are you going cold-turkey FreshAir? The withdrawal will be over in about 3 days once nicotine free! Hang in there and Keep the Quit auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I very much felt that way and hit points of that even after the first few days. It is important to a) protect your quit and b) know that this will pass. With these two things in mind, I acted like for all means and purposes that I had a cold. I lounged around and did nothing - didn't clean, meals were minimal and I read a book the first week and several soon thereafter. Some people do have increased sleep (and others have decreased sleep- sometimes it depends on where your are in your quit). Hand in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 546 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree re the sleep/nap/just laying bed and resting! I also felt the same way at the beginning at various times of the day and wouldn't fight it.. Instead I'd take a long hot shower (for relaxation purposes) and then wrap myself up in my favourite housecoat and throw in a good movie! Comedies highly recommended :) This time of not wishing or not having the energy to do much of anything shall pass. You are doing so well so just go with the flow hon. ((((((((hugs))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love the advice to treat it like a cold or any illness that knocks you out for a couple of days -- that's exactly what it is. The thing is, taking good care of yourself now will pay off in HUGE ways right down the road, when your strength returns and you find all kinds of vim and energy you never had before. Hang in, and like everyone says, protect the quit! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $632.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FreshAir, Yes, I think the way you are feeling is how most everyone feels in the beginning. And I will admit that I DID crawl in bed on several occasions and sleep away! Be very kind to yourself right now, pamper yourself and don't forget the hard work your body is doing right now. I was unable to read books in the beginning because I just didn't have the attention span but now I love to lose myself in a good book. Be strong, Fresh! This is a tough journey but sooooo worth it!!!! Debbie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: