Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

10 days and still harsh cravings!!!!

17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny you should mention chocolate! I have a straw that I "SMOKE". I've cut it to the length of a cigarette. It helps to hold it in my hands, and to use for deep breathing exercises. Filling my lungs with air actually feels a little like a cigarette buzz. Leaves me to wonder if that is not partly what I liked about smoking, inhaling air deeply into my lungs. Now with my trusty straw, I am inhaling CLEAN AIR! Cravings probably never go away totally, but I know they get better and better as time goes by. Stay positive. Stay with positive people in positive situations. And whatever you do, just don't smoke that first cigarette. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathy and Kaitilina: Yeah, I'm doing good -- past two months and going strong! I know what you mean about the smells. I notice how much better I smell and I am very aware that I'm better able to smell the good stuff -- food cooking, wonderful candles, etc. It's great! Have you noticed your tongue or mouth feeling somewhat sore and raw? That has surprised me, especially this far into my quit. It doesn't seem to be going away. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $488 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Kathy: Are we still kicking some ash? How's it going? How about your husband? No pun intended -- but I have great faith in you!
Kathy: You're doing better than you think you are -- you're still a nonsmoker -- how about that?! I started Chantix in late September and am still on it (it's a 12-week program with an option for a second 12 weeks). Side effects for me: constipation and increased dreams -- some of the very weird variety. But I'm not smoking and feel good, so I'm assuming that it's all helping. I have noticed that I've become very aware of the smell of smoke and particularly smokers (very nasty -- who knew we smelled this bad?!. And when I did backslide, cigarettes tasted bad, so that helped. Your mindset is so very, very important in this quit. Whenever you feel like you've lost your best friend, picture tobacco industry leaders standing over your sick bed offering you more cigarettes so they can rake in more money. Feeling deprived is natural, but you must fight that. It's only the nicotine monster trying to win you back. I loved what someone here said -- go kick his ash!! You can do it!
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haven't posted in awhile, been here reading everything I possibly can though. I love this site, it's my "getting through this" tool. Just a question though to anyone who could help. On day 10 smoke free, taking Wellbutrin (Zyban) but the cravings are still coming on strong. Now I know that everyone still gets cravings after months or even years, but is there any science to this where I can expect to go more than 2 hours without feeling like my best friend died? Maybe I'm just having a hard day today, not sure. Anyways, Liz and Erika, I'm following you guys and really very excited to see yours posts in the next few days!!! Good luck to you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
As horrible as this may sound...sometimes it eases the suffering to think that somewhere else.....lurking in this very same world... there is someone else that is craving the demon just like us!!!! Sometimes when it gets hard, it helps to know I'm not alone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 555 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Kaitilina: Tell me about it! Went to the market yesterday and smelled the festive cinnamon brooms they sell as decorations. WOW, how delicious it was. Don't think I've ever smelled those before. Trying to find all of the positives to beat the cravings. Thanks so much for your post. You're doing great too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi Faith: Yes, still holding strong and so is hubby. Been taking alot of walks, actually did 2 miles yesterday with my 2 dogs. We could all use to lose a bit of weight, even the pups, so maybe this will be a good thing! How are you doing? You still hanging in there too????? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Thanks Faith: Congrats on your quit too. Hopefully, I will continue with my mindset, pretty strong willed here, LOL! Actually, not spending $35 on a carton of cigs every few days is really a huge incentive to me too. Trying to stash that money away and surprise my hubby with a trip or something really nice. He's really the one that has been my rock. I'm glad you're also doing well on Chantix. My husband is having the same EXACT side effects. On Zyban, I've only gotten headahces, but with the patch, I was having the wicked dreams, so I sympathize with you. My husband is around alot of smokers during the day and he says the same thing, GOD THEY SMELL. It's so funny because he was the heaviest smoker I knew and planned his day/life/routines on when he could have a cigarette. So.....way to go! It was so nice of you to post to me. Good luck and let's kick his ash together!!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Thanks Freebird and Dorothy for your support. I love reading new posts. This site has been such a great tool, hasn't it? Cravings are getting better and just not as frequent, but still can still be strong. If anyone is reading this that hasn't quit yet.....and is considering taking some medicine to help... My husband is taking Chantix, we quit on the same day. The thought/smell of cigarettes actual repulse him, he doesn't even have cravings. Plus, Pfizer calls daily to check in and they have a craving hotline where you can call if you're losing your mind. Anyways, I can highly recommend the Chantix....it was about $120 for the whole quit package (possibly 3 months supply, but maybe only 2, not sure). We don't have health insurance, that was the total cost. He smoked around 3 packs a day, always had a cigarette no matter where he was. So.....in my opinion, if you have the choice as to what medicine you WANT to take, Chantix is the way to go. He got really bad hives from Zyban, so our doctor agreed to let him try the Chantix, but gave me the scrip for Zyban..... Good luck to everyone....thank you for sharing your stories. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: