Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

10 days and still harsh cravings!!!!

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Kathy2356 - It does get better... Just stay close to this site and keep reading more and more... the info here kept me quit and kept me focused and grounded in my quit... The craves will pass... there will be more and more time in between them... so just hold on tight and stay in the present... Try not to worry about what's to come... You are doing beautifully! Blessings and Light- ~ Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 270 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm almost nine weeks into my quit and as recently as last week I was still having them too. This week is much better though and my breathing is really much better, so that is giving me the incentive to keep going. Having quit once before for over a year I can tell you you will continue to have spells of this craving, but you CAN get through it! This site is amazingly helpful in that it provides a forum for you to let it out to people who understand how you feel. Continue to stay busy, avoid tempting situations (not easy at this time of year!)and post here often. Also remember the acronym used here often...NOPE...not one puff ever! Stay strong...we're here for you! Dorothy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,073 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With time the cravings fade to just "thoughts" of smoking...and even those become more and more rare with time. It WILL end....and you can help it with distraction when the junky comes callin....just turn wanting to smoke thoughts into wanting to stay clean thoughts...think about what you gain by NOT smoking....learn to visualize it. Clean, fresh, FREE. Hang tough...it will come...it's different for each of us....but it WILL come Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1791 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10208.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 233 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$159,050.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5346 Hours: 6

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: