Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

does taking a drag...

17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are all right and I know that!!! I cannt smoke and I will not smoke!!!! I have been keeping busy, busy, I feel like I will run out of stuff to do. I wish I could just go into a coma for 2wks and come out a non smoker. I am so glad that O found this site!!! Thans for all the words of encouragement. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
count as relapsing?? All I want is a drag and I will be ok. That is what I am telling myself now. Just a drag, whats it gonna hurt. Maybe a drag of a nasty tasting cigarette, but even that would be heaven for me. I feel so weak!!! God get me through this!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't understand why mt stas don't show. Sometimes they do & sometimes they don't. What the heck is going on? It will be 2 weeks tomorow that i quit smoking. It seems to be getting harder. Why is that? Its driving me nuts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know chickymama, I feel the same way..Have you seen the movie ghost? I keep thinking of when Patrick Swazie (how ever you spell his name), He & this other ghost was where the subway goes. The other ghost broke the window in the cigarette machine, & all the smokes fell out. Well he said, "what i wouldn't do for just one drag". I can't stop thinking about that.So we are in the same boat.... thats all I want, just 1 drag. This is so hard.
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chickymama....you just made a joke, find humor in this when ever you can. I love the idea of a coma. That would be fantastic!! If you run out of things to do, get creative, but make sure you are taking even just 5 minutes for yourself to relax and deep breathe. Your doing great!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
I wouldn't mess with Duckie..... :8o:, She knows what she is talking about. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
One more thing....look at your meter...you have already NOT SMOKED 42 cigerette's. That is outstanding!!! Hold on tight, and lean on us. We are here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
AAhhh, you have the voices in your head now. Aren't they wonderful. You start arguing and rationalizing with yourself, and it's quite a battle in your head. Your addiction is trying to get the best of you. You need to fight the voices trying to talk you into one drag or anything else. If you let the craving win even a little battle in your head, you are just making this harder on the part of you that really wants to quit. Stay strong, and distract, distract, distract!!! Do not give in to the voices!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
President Clinton would say that if you don't inhale - it's OK (can you believe that? - if you do other things and not other things then it's also not something else). I want to know where you are gonna get a nasty tasting cigarette. Because I want some of those. We know that you're not smoking and subsequently freaking right now. What are you doing with your body and your mind? Posting on this site sure helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicky - Take long deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Concentrate on the feeling of each breath. Also if you can pull up a fond memory, a special place ..i.e. a beach, a sunset, etc.. and close your eyes while visualizing with each breath. You can get through each crave.. one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Always come here to post -- as the people here have helped in my darkest hour hon and they'll be here for you too :) ((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) of support, Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: