Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,783 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI

I will just have one and throw the pack....

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony, Try this, it works great for me. You crapped all over this craving for 8 days, take your way of quitting and add something to it. I had bad cravings for the first 5 days also. Just about 20 minutes ago, I had a pretty bad craving, I looked down at my fingers and noticed there was no more crap brown staines between my fingers. When I looked up, the craving was gone. Screw with the cravings. Talk to it, sware at it, get pissed off! Use your 5 senses to control it. When you smell someone smoking, dont say. " that smells so good, blow some this way" Instead, grind your teeth, spit on the ground! When you get that craving, laugh at it, its a joke, laugh at it like it laughed at you for how many years. When you see a but onthe ground, dont pick it up, flip it the bird and then blow it a kiss! Hey, it all a mind game and it works for me! You control it! Dont let it control you like it did for years, its your turn buddy! !!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Jim, It`s mad the Nico Demon aint it? Your right, it is all mind games. My last quit lasted 62 days and I failed on holiday. This time its gonna be Xmas. If/When I get to my Jan 2nd goal, I reckon I`ve cracked it altough I`ve gotta few more goals to accomplish 1st like 10 days(tommorow), 2 weeks, 20days, 3 weeks, etc.... These are my goals and when Jan 2nd come, I`m going to celebrate beatin it. Cheers Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Thanks guys-nice to know it aint just me eh? Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
I will just have one and throw the pack....thats what I nearly done on day 4. I was so messed up running aroung like an headless chicken that I was gonna have one and throw the rest of the pack away and not tell ANYONE!! Self Talk is how I got thro`. It was amamzing how I got to tell myself, for over 4 hours whilst driving around, NONONONONO!! I worked on to the senario of my friends who have passed away. Then I was onto my new grandson who, if I carry on smoking, won`t ever know me. Then my kids who ask each and every day if I`ve smoked as they dont know me any different as I`ve always smoked and they notice. Oh yes, kids dont miss a trick. I got thro` them 4 hard hours with self talk. "done 4 days so I can do 8 days". I have now done 8 days in 1 hour and 20 mins. I am so proud I got thro "hell day" and now done hell week and now I`m a little more positive in the fact that I/WE can do this. 30 years of this demon is going. For Good. Tony. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm feeling like I have to respond to anyone who is tempted by the title of this post. First off, Congratulations Warrington Joe. You have exhibited exemplary courage and smarts. I implore anyone who thinks they can play with nicotine to wake up. At my 10 year mark of quitting I thought I could have just a 1/2 a cigarette. And I did. I was cocky. I had mastered the deamon. I could do anything. I don't even remember being tempted again until... Four months later I stupidly told myself that I could have just a couple then - you guessed it -THROW THE REST OF THE PACK AWAY. And I did (except I gave the pack away). I did the same thing every few days for two weeks until I finally admitted that I had that g-- d--- mokey on my back again. Here we are 3 years later with a lot of little quits in there (2 1/2 months was the longest). I'm gonna do it this time. I'm 9 days into my quit. I don't know how long this one will last. I figure - why can't I at least do 11 more? But I am extremely humbled. The quit I am experiencing is like I don't even have the 11 years under my belt. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Toe! Stay strong, be diligent and have continued faith in yourself! You should be soooo proud of yourself ! :) :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go, Tony! It's all about minutes, not days, isn't it? Thanks for the strength you're shooting all of us. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony, your story brought a tear to my eye. That was fantastic work self-talking for 4 hours. I have lost that self-talk battle too many times. Never again. Thanks, friend. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go Toe!!! With your attitude, you'll lick this devil once and for all! I too have had that thought, "just one, no one will know". But darn it, I'd know, and I'd be awful disappointed in myself. And if you're like me, you are much harder on yourself than anyone else is. I don't need any more of that junk! I've plenty to feel guilty about with out smoking! LOL Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree just stay away from the first one. Doing what every it takes and say to your self today I will not smoke. And if you look at it one day at a time the days will add up. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 341 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: