Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

can't do it

17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
as much as i try, i dont think i can do this anymore.You all have incredible willpower ( more than me ) All the best everyone super [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,thankyou so much for your words of support,it means a lot.I have managed to remain SMOKE FREE !! Im still struggling but at the moment im sort of hoping that one day i will wake up and simply not think of smoking. I can recall reading a post that said "Id rather be a non-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke than a smoker with a constant desire to quit" This struck a chord with me but at the moment i dont seem to be thinking about anything else.Im not actually craving all the time or suffering any withdrawals as such but continually thinking about how nice it would be to be a non smoker then the next minute thinking just one wont hurt.It's like two voices in my head having a continual argument.Ive tried all types of relaxation techniques,tried to keep busy but the voices keep interrupting!!!! I really dont want to be a smoker,but im doing my head in at the moment,i wish i could sleep all day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
super, please don't reach for old nick You can do this! we are alal here for you! Please post and let us know what is happening lynnexx :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 12

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
way to go super, glad you are still with us! lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 12

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SUper, I am really proud of you for not smoking today! For you to come back from that brink is such a good sign that you can do anything. That is such a tough thing to do! I am impressed. Two voices - yep. That's the nicoDEMON in your head trying to control your actions to feed his carcinogenic self. Have you tried excersizing? That helps me a lot. Go walk on a treadmill or in the park for a while. Get a bit winded and get your heart rate up a bit. This always makes me feel a lot better. Sleep is great too, when you are in the early stages. I think day 7 is about as hard as it gets. Not that week 2, 3, etc are easy but day 7 is a true pain in butt. Will you do this for us? Will you just stay up on that muddy road we are tramping down and not fall down in the ditch or turn around and go back to the prison we all broke out of? Believe me - it is sunny up ahead. It really is. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay! You made it! And you will get stronger every time you get through a crisis like today! I'm so very happy for you, I could dance! [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Ostrich_dancer.gif[/IMG] Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 664 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on Super, We are all pulling for you! Please for the love of Pete, don't throw away an awesome 7 days! And believe me, willpower has nothing to do with quitting, it's a CHOICE! Continue your quit! Be strong! Strength to you, Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Of course you can do this. Be strong. Don't loose those 7 days and have to start over. The worst is over. Trust me, if I can quit, anyone can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,704 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super - We don't have anything that you don't have. I have no will-power, I have been physically and mentally dependent on cigarettes for 27 years....the only thing I have right now is that my desire to quit is stronger than my desire to smoke. This time will come for you....and when it comes, we will be right here waiting for you. Take care Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Super - it really does get better. I can remember how great it was the first day when I got up and didn't think about smoking. Unlike most people, I take my patch off in the morning. I realized that I am thinking about smoking less when I go to put one on and realize that I forgot to take one off. Good days are ahead...keep up the good quit! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: