Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.764 posts in 47.064 threads.

161,040 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jujub1, mariebel, SWK679Learning, Number777, cbtelearning

Do you feel like you are missing something?

17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for anybody feeling amiss. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$331,398.08

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6045 Hours: 1

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/rockkickash.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $716 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$54,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5973 Hours: 19

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes !!!! I DO feel like I'm missing alot. So after reading some of the posts I feel better. Guess I just have to get more active & steer myself away quicker instead of thinking that this is so hard to do & getting mad at myself for ever starting up -- DARN IT -- I get so frustrated ! Thanks Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, that post was so helpful and insightful Free. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I really needed to read that this am. I am just terrible at expressing my emotions. I not only use cigarettes to cope with stress but food and alcohol as well. I have a huge oral thing going on. I'm working on all three at once and even thought it's only been a few days, I feel so much "free-er" already. I have started a journal for the 1st time in my adult life and I can't believe how much is pouring out of me. I think it will be very therapeutic. I think many of us tend to think, dwell and focus on the negative things that are going on in our lives. I know I sure do. My long-term goal is to train my brain to every day learn how to appreciate the positive things and remember all that I have to be thankful for. This involves writing, saying and showing these feelings. I will be a better person for it. Serenity, your post is so touching too. I think you should write your father a letter. It could be very healing for you. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dito all the way [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 921 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$163,990.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6122 Hours: 6

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for this post. It is very insightful and very appropriate to me right now. I know this is the tough part of life and quitting for me. Dealing with the emotons I have hidden in nicotine. Here's a weird example. My beloved father smoked. Not a heavy smoker but from a very young age. Well, lots did in those days. I watched him die from lung cancer when I was around 14. At Christmas to boot! And it wasn't a nice death. WHY would somebody like me ever smoke????? And yet in stopping, I somehow have felt like I've been criticising him. Like I am doing something "wrong" by not following in his footsteps and continuing to smoke. I've done a bit of research and I think I'm going to write him a letter. Explaining how I feel. Explaining that me stopping isn't a criticism of HIM. Asking permission if you like, to stick with this. Might keep it a few days and then light it and watch it all go away as the paper burns. A ceremony to say goodbye to those crazy mixed up feelings. So much is changing in my life just now I started out vieiwng this as maybe not a great time to quit. But that's just a state of mind really. I think the alternative is to view this as a GREAT time to quit. because a new me can emerge from all these changes, especially if I work on new ways to deal with all of those hitherto buried emotions. Stay strong guys. We can be emerging butterflies! S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This post I love :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When we quit smoking, it frees up A LOT of time in our days. Of course we feel like we are missing something, look at all the time we wasted smoking. We probably wasted 1 1/2 to 3 hours a day getting our fixes. The trick is to find a healthy habit to replace our old nasty habit of smoking. Another things is that we also used smoking as a coping mechanism. Instead of coping with emotions as rational non-drugged people, we reached for our smokes/drug to cope. It is important that we try to recognize our emotions and understand why we are having them. Sorting out the causes of sadness, stress and anxiety in our life can help us to manage our emotional health and our emotional craves. Learning new coping skills can be the difference as to whether our quits stick or not for some people. When we quit smoking, it helps if we learn to express our feelings in appropriate ways. If you are feeling stress, sadness or anxiety it can cause physical problems if you keep those feelings inside. These emotions can cause a trigger which in turn, without coping skills, will turn into a crave. So, let your loved ones know when something is bothering you. But also, keep in mind that your family and friends may not always be able to help you deal with your emotions/feelings. In situations where you loved ones can't help, ask someone outside the situation, such as people in your support group (online or in real life), your family doctor, a counselor or a religious adviser for advice. Ask them for support to help you improve how you are feeling emotional. Stuffing your feelings is not the answer. Venting is good. Strive to live a balanced life. Try not to obsess about the problems at work, at school or at home that lead to negative feelings. This doesn�t mean you have to pretend to be happy when you feel stressed, anxious or upset. Just remember that worrying is a waste of energy. It�s important to deal with these negative feelings, but try to focus on the positive things in your life too. Using a journal to keep track of things that make you feel happy or peaceful is a good idea. Having a positive outlook can improve your overall quality of life. It is also much better for you health wise. You may also need to find ways to let go of some thing
  • Quit Meter

$54,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Debi, For frustration: Learn to be optimistic. Thinking in a negative way will cause you to spiral down. Negative thinking can cause you to loose your confidence. Thinking positive can push out feelings of frustration. If you want to change you life, you must change your mind and act on it. Exercise, going to the gym, swim, ride a bike. Physical activity really helps to relieve tension and frustration. It realeases natural chemicals into the body that will help your mind. Talk to friend about your frustration. Stuffing your feelings or thoughts is counterproductive to your well being. If something goes wrong, don't dwell on what went wrong/inaction. Think about how the problem can be fixed. Learn from your mistakes, don't dwell on them. Work on shortcomings. Dwelling on mistakes cause frustration. Taking action for our own personal improvement empowers us. Trust, have faith, be patient and be loving to yourself. Fill your heart with love and gratitude. Believe in yourself. What we tell and how we treat ourselves makes a big difference. Deal with frustration by changing your outlook and thinking positively. Face life bravely. Sometimes it is easier said than done. Sometimes we have to fake it till we make it. But faking it till we make it is always better than the alternative. Keep on keeping the quit. It gets easier everyday. Change takes time. Be patient with yourself. Be loving to yourself. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$54,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for [b]HoplessSmokless[/b] Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,949 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $524 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$54,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: