Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Nicotine patches !@#$%

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do patches work by releasing nicotine according to your body heat? I'm afraid to try and get to much nicotine(although at this point, the first day of my quit,I'm ok with that :))
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Generally, it is recommended that patches be removed when exercising as an increase of body temperature can increase your body' absorption of nicotine from the patch. That's what I was afraid of. I'm so warm natured that I think I'd get to much. I've opted for the lozenge. So far so good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My patch instructions said to avoid heavy exercise which was a REAL problem because the gym is one of the best places to forget about coping. Someone told me to go ahead and go to the gym. I don't do any wild, heavy duty workouts but a short run, bike ride and some weights. I feel great and no sign of an overdose. I'm a little nervous about trying a cardio class though - don't want to fall flat on my face in front everyone so I think I'll save those for the morning before I put on the patch. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone today is my first day on patchs .up to now its not to bad did not drink to much coffee this morning but cleaned everything i could in the house . This is not mt first try but before i had no patch on spent my days sleeping and crying after a few days started smoking again.Everybody talked about the patchs so i decided to try them . Hope that this will help me. bye jojo
  • Quit Meter

$90,834.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 20

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is possible that the adhesive they use just doesn't work with the oils in your skin. Not your fault of theirs. Sometimes, you just have to use a little tape you know works with your skin, and that should keep it on fine. But, I would have to agree with Penitent, it sounds like using the patch is more stressful for you than going cold turkey would have been. :) Either way, good luck with quitting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$295,210.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7399 Hours: 23

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to you all for the replys. The taping them seem to be working. I keep reading and it says in the instructions that most people have itching or burning when the patch is applied, I haven't had any sensation at all. I have to believe though that they are working because I figured quitting smoking after 20 yrs. would have worse withdrawls than I have experienced. I mean other than a headache and some shakiness I just haven't been feeling that bad. Sure I have a craving once in awhile and a tad bit short tempered but it is nothing that isn't fairly easily gotten rid of. Good Luck to you all!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$109,000.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks guys. I am calmed down now, wasn't really as worked up I guess as my msg. sounded. It is just one of my pet peeves to expect something out of a product and it doesn't work. Anyway, I taped it on and the tape seems to be holding. Thanks again Melissa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$109,000.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I can't get these stupid patches to stay on! I have done everything the instructions said to do and they almost come off immeadiatly. I called the company that makes them and they told me to TAPE them on!! I'm sorry but these things aren't cheap and they say they will stay on through bathing and swimming, I can't keep them on for more than 5 minutes dry. They said to keep track of how many I have to throw away in this box and they will replace them, whatever. It just annoys me! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$109,000.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Patches Still sticking them on by bottom. Much to my wifes amusement cos they leave marks all over the place. Perhaps we should have a portrait gallery of our patchmark quilts?? They do help I tried going without one day and by mid afternoon I had to be peeled from the ceiling almost! Stick to the dose. I am told 8 weeks full strength 2 weeks 10 mg 2 weeks 5 mg I thnk thats right. End of October I am patch free and Old Nick Free! NEVER DOUBT IT!(I DONT!!!!!!!!!) Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had this prob with patches UNTIL my doctor suggested sticking them on my bottom. Just change cheek every day to avoid irritation. The fact that you are sitting on them at least some of the time really helps them stick Good luck Phil

Reading this thread: