Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Grounded and Ready, Illusion #4

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know where you're coming from Eve. I too thought that I needed cigarettes to ground me. What a shame that I missed out on all those years of flying! Life without addiction is superb. alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $650 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$90,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8667 Hours: 8

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Josie :) Thanks Rusty! :) Funny I was contemplating it just yesterday about being a writer...well, looks like I am! lol! I will see where this Illusion series goes, for sure there is more coming up!!! ;) Thank you for your support it really means the world to me!!! Many Blessings, Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Grounded and Ready, Illusion #4 Ok so I needed grounding. And I needed to smoke to ground. What a load of crap. I was never ungrounded. But I was off kilter, so to speak. Or at least, my perception was!! My biggest lie that I told myself was that since I had made all these changes in my life and was really paying attention to the spiritual side of things, and kept professing that I could not stay grounded when I began meditating, I needed something that would keep me here in my physical body and ground me to the physical world when I was done with my meditating. Well, there are plenty of ways to do this, however smoking was never considered to be one of these methods, unless of course, you were in a tribe or ceremony with the natives. Native American Indians used pipe tobacco for ceremonial purposes, but they never abused it. When I discovered spirituality and these methods of grounding it was just another excuse to justify my addiction. Thus, when we smoke nowadays and attach the meditation and grounding label to it, all we are saying is that we are spiritual beings having a human experience and that gives us the right to smoke if need be to stay in our physical bodies. Otherwise we may pop out of our bodies at any given moment and float away to Jupiter if we don�t inhale on a regular basis. That�s crap and I mean that�s a real load of it. I had myself convinced I could not stay grounded without the tobacco. Even though my smoking was less than 1/2 pack a day, it was no excuse to smoke at all. But I sure used it and with that I also abused it, because even after grounding, the excuses started in about stress. I had no stress. It was all an illusion. This one illusion about needing to ground, however, was so strong that it lead me to believe that I had to smoke to relieve stress too. It was �just one� for stress. So, my 3 a day for grounding and the other 2 or 3 for stress led to almost half a pack a day, depending on my �stress� level for that day. Talk about a horde of crap! It was one illusion after another, just like a web of lies, yet spun and finely woven illusions that were leading me down a very dangerous path. I was close to self destruction as I took my very last puff. And there is no meditation in the world that will save your life w
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eve, I remember a long time ago when you first were talking about writing more...this is the way to do it! Thanks so much for your Illusion series! Rusty :) I have been quit for 1 Year, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 12 hours, 54 minutes and 37 seconds (568 days). I have saved $2,132.00 by not smoking 17,056 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 4 Weeks, 5 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 12/14/2004 10:48 PM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 570 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,973 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1995 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$54,953.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 22

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, These are great journal passages and a wonderful way to share your journey with us. We thank you for your honesty and your support. Keep up the great work and congratulations on 90 tomorrow! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: