Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

this has to be something more than just not smoking.

17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just take it one day at a time babe. Don't worry about not smoking, tomorrow, a week from now, or a month from now. Just focus on today. Don't forget to breath deeply. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI im sorry Mama to hear this I felt today a sense of loss--has it something to do with quitting??? thinking of you ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama I feel like you.. alot!! I don't know somtimes why?? I am not proud of this quit. I told an old friend that I quit and began to cry like a baby!!What was that? WHY? It just makes no sense to me. Even with all these emotions, I am not going to smoke!! You got to tell yourself that!! PS My husband is still smoking and i do not like him at all right now mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know, I don't think that any of this has anything to do with smoking and I probly would be in this place, smoking or not. This is certainly not where I envisioned myself to be at 47. The not smoking probly has just brought it all to the surface and is forcing me to deal with things . I am just a wreck and maybe I always will be. On monday, I guess I will call my insurance company and find a couseler. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$74,956.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 13

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I don't think I have ever felt this hopeless. I am thinking now that it may be because I am not feeling any pride in quitting smoking like I thought I would. Right now, I don't care about any of the reasons that are on my list anymore. This isn't nessisarily a suicide kind of depression, maybe just a "I don't care" thing that I can't shake. I am feeling more alone than I have been in years and I've been divorsed 5 years. I am re-evaluating every move I have made in my life! I made so many mistakes, one of which was beginning to smoke. My whole life has revolved around smoking for so long that now, I don't have a center anymore. mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$74,956.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I don't know what to do. I am soooo deproessed and hopeless feeling. I can't think of anything good about my life anymore. I just want out of this whole thing. To go buy cigs and go back to my life as it was before. I want to not think about the effects of smoking anymore and just smoke and smoke for a couple of hours. I guess I need couseling or something but now it is so intense that I wonder how I could even make it untill monday to call someone. I don't know what to do but just go buy some cigs and start again. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$74,956.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that is a great idea Mama. Recognize (which you have), deal (call the counselor) and take some action (go to your appts. and take an active part in helping yourself). At 2 weeks a lot of emotions were coming up and smacking me in the face. See the ultimate freedom thread and check out my last post or two ... does that sound familiar? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are not alone in feeling like you could use some counseling. I feel that way too. I am overwhelmed with emotions. It seems that I smoked for every emotion. It is kind of like when the sense of smell comes back ... sometimes it can be overwhelming ... like when you are pregnant ... smells get to you. That is how I feel with emotions right now ... it matters not what emotion it is ... it feels intensified. Do your emotions feel intensified Mama? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,099 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 7

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama, Sorry to hear your having a rough day but you have 16 glorious days under your belt, besides smoking will not solve anything! Just hang in there, use the tools that got you through hell week. Check back soon, Danielle _________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, I felt exactly how you did this past Saturday. I would cry, then laugh, then scream, then cry. I even scared my parents because I was on such a rollercoaster. My husband avoided me like the plague and my kids, well, we wont go there. Lets just say my daughter brought some of her friends over to be humored (and I'm hoping so they will NEVER take that first puff seeing me the way I am). They left quite enlightened and I believe I did my work by getting them to never smoke. Anyways, please stay in touch here because this will get you through it. I didn't care either ALL day saturday but I also knew that I would be in more of a depression if I took that first puff knowing I could never just smoke one. Keep your head up high!!! Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: