Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,663 Members

Please welcome our newest members: kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725

Phew!!!

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Been there Rob. Hang in there. You know it passes. For what it is worth, It ticks me off too when the stupid craves come and won't go away. Just remember N.O.P.E. and we are free now. We are no longer slaves to the cigarette. The thoughts aren't going to kill us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,899 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1204 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, I found that it ends when you stop asking yourself, "WHEN WILL THIS END?!?!?!" Yes, I know that's easier said than done, but honestly, the thoughts only have as much control over you as you give them. Keep on trying to distract yourself and each time it hits you, conciously try to think about something else. Yes, again, I know this is easier said than done, but it's what HAS to be done in order for the multi-day craves to go away. Is there something that is bringing this on? I know for me, anytime I get a mult-day crave, even earlier in my quit, it's almost inevitably caused by something going on in my life... with the exception of a few "out of nowhere" craves. I find that as soon as I figure out what it is that's causing it (sometimes this takes some investigation work on my part) and I work to rectify the problem, the craving ceases shortly thereafter. Do some soul searching and see if there's something in your life causing this killer crave. There might not be, but if there is, then get to the root of the problem and hopefully the craving will pass soon after. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $933.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, This is actually pretty common around the time period that you are in. If you look around the site, you will see many posts from people right around your quit time who are going through the same thing. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel much better, but at least you know that it's normal... and, as you know, it will pass. I too went through a 5 day crave just this week (woke up today for the first time in 6 days and didn't think about a cigarette first thing when I woke up) and this craving lasted from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. Yes, it happens even this far into the quit. However, the difference is that this far along, we know that we won't smoke and we have built up our coping mechanisms and have learned how to deal with cravings when they come and know that they will indeed pass. Just like my 5 day crave, yours too will pass... just give it time and be patient. No, it's not easy quitting, but as you know, it's sooooo worth it! So hang in there and keep on posting and hopefully the craving will pass for you. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $929.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, check out Ladybugg's post she made on her 114th day. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?Forum=1&Topic=22807]I am not going to smoke![/url] Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 385 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,701 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1463 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Rob. Sorry I missed this before. Cable Internet died last night and didn't get it figured out until this morning ($#$%@#$ modern technology). I know [u]exactly[/u] what you're experiencing. I went through it between days 85 - 89. Worse than hell week and felt like it was twice as long. I coped during the day with work distractions, but home alone at nights (wife was working evenings) was misery. I spent three nights curled up on the couch, totally shut down, just waiting for it to pass. Five minute craves, my fat a$$. I'd like to find the person that started that lie. This is a family forum so I won't go into detail, but let's just say I'd like to grip something of his until my crave went away. The good news, Rob, is that it does pass. This is Nic's last hurrah and he's giving it all he's got. I got through it, you can certainly get through it too. And once you do, I'm guessing you'll have smooth sailing after. Hang in there, buddy. You can do this. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 384 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, This is normal and will pass. ( Sorry know you don't want to hear that) Take the time to bring out the coping mechanism again. Whatever helps do it! This might be a good time to take some you time and relax. Pamper yourself and reward yourself. 112 days is a amazing! You can continue :) Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: