Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Don't think I can do it

18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ooops, forgot my meter. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Finally stopped stuffing myself with food, feel way better now. I don't want to speak too soon for the fear of jinxing myself... But I think I'm past the worst. The craving is not physical anymore, just more of a habit thing. The junkie in me wants to try a cigarette to see if I still would want it though :) . Ha ha, silly junkie. I guess that's how it's gonna be from now on.
Thanks for all the replies. I think I just had a really rough day yesterday. I'm sure taking off the patch(couldn't handle the dreams) had something to with it. Never imagined that this addiction can screw with your head so much. I'm used to feeling in control of my body, and was not prepared for this... One second you're fine, the next you're a mess... Ugh :8o: Yesterday it got out of control with food, I couldn't stop stuffing myself, so today I had detox day. Ate mostly Veggies, and drank [u]a lot[/u] of green tea so that I feel full and not eat junk. Feel tonnes better today, and apologize for being such a drama queen :blush: . Thank you for listening, so glad that some of you been through this before and know how to deal with it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Day 8 (well technically 9) and I'm losing it. I feel like I'm going insane. Cried 3 times today. WTF? I [u]never[/u] cry. I was more or less fine yesterday, trying to think positive, exercising to get my mind of smoking, etc.... Well today it all went to s**t. I'm stuffing myself with food to the point where I'm sick. I just can't stop eating. I'm pretty skinny, never had a problem with my weight, now my jeans don't zip all the way anymore (and it's only day 8!). I've been smoking since 13(25 now), so I pretty much grew up with a smoke in my hand. I feel like the biggest moron ever, but can't help it but feel lost without a cigarette. I don't think I'm ready to become a non smoker. I just don't see myself as one. I don't have any non smoking friends, I don't go to non smoking places. I'm so pathetic, I'm already counting down the days when I can smoke again. Today was trying to figure out when I will be considered a non smoker, so that I can become a casual smoker... If that even makes sense. On one hand, I already kept it up for this long, and it's kind of stupid to let it all go... But on the other, I feel it, no matter how much I'm lying to myself, I feel it that I'm going to one day smoke again. I broke down and lit up a smoke, couldn't even take one drag, started coughing and got extremely dizzy so I had to put it out. Now I'm kicking myself for succumbing, even though I couldn't even take that drag. I've always been a strong level-headed person. Don't like showing weakness to others, hate when people feel sorry for me, hate drama, etc... Now I'm turning into this blubbering, crying mess that can barely function. How the hell do I deal with myself? Sorry for the long post, I had to get this out of my system. Only other person I can really talk to is my best friend, but she quit too, and slipped and had a couple of cigarettes over the weekend, so she's already feeling pretty bad about herself, and I don't want to add to it by burdening her with my problems. Never knew that I can act this way, this quit is bringing out the worst side of me... beginning to feel like a schizo. Anyways, I better get to sleep before I try to light up another smoke. Thanks for letting me rant here.
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Me, Perhaps this won't give much in the way of comfort, but your not alone. I've been questioning the same thing as you are, but I'm trying to get rid of those negative thoughts. You didn't take a drag, and got dizzy from the smell alone. To me, that is a big step in the right direction. I slipped last week and had 1/2 of a smoke, it tasted sooooo good. But just like you, I keep on fighting, and we both have to focus on the win!! Talk to your friend, her slip may enforce all those reasons why you quit. It may actually help you. And there is always people within this site that you can call/email. Good luck Me, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Glad to hear it's better now! We're all in this together, all those same feelings. Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 327 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
HEY ME, Way to go on over two weeks!!! Time to reward yourself on that great achivement. I cut back on the snacks a little also. 10 extra pounds that I didn't need... LOL Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Me, I know excatly where your coming from. I had the same thing happen to me 4 days ago. I wanted to quit quitting. I event posted about it. But now Im fine. Just get through it. And if you do have a puff..so what get back on the horse. It doesn't mean your a failure it means your a human being with an addition to nicotine. Do you want to go through all the hell again? I know I don't. Thats what keeps me from picking it up again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Me, I sure hope you have rested, and are ready to come back! We are concerned...... Please post soon. I just wanted to let you know that you have a wonderful best friend. Why not do this together... I mean, count on eachother. Be eachothers shoulder. Encourage eachother. Don't give up. You are young, so am I. I too never pictured my life without a smoke. Most of my life, I had a smoke in my hand. All of my memories had a cig in them. Yesterday, I was a mess. I didnt want to talk to anyone, do anything. I just wanted to stay on the couch and cry. I too, never cry!!!! But all this is the detox portion. Your mind is losing all of the bad chemicals that you put there. So naturally, there will be wires crossed up there. Hang in there. Crying is not so bad, just exhausting. Now I can relate to the food thing. I haven't heard my stomach growl since I quit. I keep it pretty stuffed lately. Alls well though, some exercise will help with that. Dont worry about the food right now, your quit is more important. Focus on that. Most people feel like they are missing their best friend. I read someones post that said, "That missing part you feel is actually the Nicodemon you used to carry on your shoulder." Now he is not on your shoulder, he is in your mind. Trying to control you with junkie thoughts. You are young. I know you are strong. Kick that nicodemons A**.... Just because you dont hang around or go places that are "non-smoking", doesnt mean you cant be. Protect your body. You've hurt yourself enough. Now take care of it. You owe it to yourself. Smoking is attractive. It isnt sexy. Dont do it. Love yourself more than those cancer sticks. (if not, watch out 'cause problems WILL happen. Quit now, before you are forced to. Before it does more damage. Get on with your life, without a cig. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OOPS, I didnt proof read Smoking IS NOT attractive...........

Reading this thread: